Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

In real time, I don’t really blame the ref, as it all happened so fast and my first reaction was “shit, it’s a pen” But there is absolutely no excuse for it going to VAR and then not being reversed. That was the scandalous decision for me.

Guest reefatoon

Saying that, we should never have put ourselves in that position in the first place. That passage of play was ridiculous and should never have happened to lead to the penalty. Can’t think of another team that shoots itself in the foot as often as we do.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

In real time, I don’t really blame the ref, as it all happened so fast and my first reaction was “shit, it’s a pen” But there is absolutely no excuse for it going to VAR and then not being reversed. That was the scandalous decision for me.

100%. In real time, it looks a good pen shout. With the benefit of VAR it's ridiculous they don't make the ref look at the screen.  Clear dive, not hard to get this one right ffs.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

No coach in the world will turn Joelinton or Almiron into regular goal scorers.

Yeah I get that, but for quite a strapping athlete there is a comedy aspect in his striking of the ball that infuriates me

Very hard to take, this result. The resignation to losing the game after the second goal and then the utter capitulation thereafter is fucking galling.

There's no fight, no leadership, and no gumption in most of this lot.

2 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

By the way we were managing the game fine until Shelvey decided to fanny around with it in our third. Seriously he’s got to go.

Talkshite Radio said the other day Fulham want him in January.

They've got Cairney,Reed,Seri and the hot prospect Cavalharo in midfield, so I doubt they'd be interested in Shelvey.

4 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Aye, not sure why he irritates me as well? His neck tats and naff beard perhaps? 

Great footballer, though. :lol: 

I think we can now know why he irritates us so much.

Hope he gets ran owa. 

The worst part of today is we didn’t look like scoring against a side shipping goals left, right and centre with a makeshift back four and a CM playing CB.

For all of our huff and puff, nobody looked like scoring.

Was also an issue against Norwich & Burnley. We stumbled across a goal in those games rather than making one.

Think we could still be playing and Leicester would have a clean sheet. 

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The worst part of today is we didn’t look like scoring against a side shipping goals left, right and centre with a makeshift back four and a CM playing CB.

For all of our huff and puff, nobody looked like scoring.

Was also an issue against Norwich & Burnley. We stumbled across a goal in those games rather than making one.

Think we could still be playing and Leicester would have a clean sheet. 

Still certain we are staying up ?

Soft penalty where Maddison clearly dives into it, but Lascelles lazily lumped a leg out which often gives the benefit of doubt to the attacker. We slumped like a relegation ready side second half and shipped a few easy easy goals to boot. Going be a long slog this season even with new players next month.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still certain we are staying up ?

We absolutely should.

The poor decisions by Howe (not dropping Lascelles, Shelvey and/or Willock) and the potential farce with the January window may put us into trouble though.

I’m expecting them to learn and sort it.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

We absolutely should.

The poor decisions by Howe (not dropping Lascelles, Shelvey and/or Willock) and the potential farce with the January window may put us into trouble though.

I’m expecting them to learn and sort it.

I admire your optimism, I personally don’t see him dropping lascelles, the midfield issue is so blindingly obvious now he must surely change it. 

I'm fast thinking we can get away with 4-2-3-1 at home against sides near us because the pitch feels tighter and they panic a bit, but long term I think 3-4-3 is our only hope. I say that for the following reasons. 

- The CBs are a bad collection of weaknesses meaning that no pairing is really well suited.

- The midfield has a similar issue whereby it's going to be Shelvey + 1 but that one is either Joe Willock who is so clearly an attacking midfielder in the mold of Nolan or Isaac Hayden who is clearly a defensive midfielder with very limited technical ability. 

- The attack has an abundance of speed and varying levels of skill, so we almost need to invite teams onto us to open the space in their half but not in a 4-4-2 4-2-3-1 because that leaves gaps on our end as the likes of ASM/Wilson can't be defending. 

The ultimate blessing is that January arrives soon. If that silver lining can't get you soundly to sleep, just remember we're in a better place ownership wise than we were six month ago. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

If he drops Shelvey and Willock, who are the alternatives? I get moving to a midfield three, but depressingly they're our two most able midfielders. It's not a poor decision at all.

Only one of the two can play in the middle, playing both means we basically have no midfield.

Repeatedly said it but Hayden has to start, or a new CDM arriving on 1 January.