Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You are being like a 12 year old it’s embarrassing.

We started ok, got a decision against and were pretty shit after that, mainly toothless.

You’d think it was like playing under Bruce still reading your shite

It was. :lol: 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah at least Shelvey can occasionally tackle and has some vision. Willock is killing us in there. He can’t play there 

Yeah, Howe wants someone that can get up and down the pitch in that role, and Willock has the athleticism for it, but he doesn't have the know how or the physicality at all.

I think he should give Hendrick a shot at it personally, as he's more experienced playing that sort of role and has done it internationally. It still won't be perfect, but we just need someone that isn't completely clueless in that role.

Think Shelvey has done really well, considering he's been partnered by Willock in there, who is causing problems both defensively and going forward. He's been a nightmare.

The only other option would be trying a three man midfield, which he changed to at half time, but we never got to see it for long enough as they scored soon after the half, and then subs were made.

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I agree but look on the bench, who would you put in CM?

Hayden and his flaws is the only one we have capable of offering the needed protection. 

We are bad so playing with such a midfield away against teams who are better than us is asking for it. 

It’s the same as the Arsenal game. These teams don’t even have to play well to make us look bad. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Says the happy clapper, we lost 4-0. Ironic you accuse me of acting like a 12 year old when you lack basic reading comprehension. Had a drink again? Anyway ignore list. Leave it at that 

You can fuck off he drink thing, nice of you to get personal.

30 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Since coming in, he's changed Darlow for Dubrabka, Ritchie for Lewis, Manquillo has come in instead of Murphy, Schär instead of Clark. Changed half the starting eleven compared to his first game in charge :lol:

He has changed the team substantially. However we are no better than we were under Bruce and don't have anymore points than I expect Bruce would have got.

6 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

You can't play at this level with no players that can control the ball in midfield, the team is full of players who want to run with the ball and then you got Shelvey walking around behind them hardly utting in any effort, and when you got the average defenders we've got your just asking to be destroyed, god help us in the next two games.

This is the main concern for me. Look at the difference it made for Leicester to have Tielemans back.

Someone in this thread posted the central midfielders we had during the two seasons we were relegated and it really shows how incredibly important it is we get proven quality central midfielder(s) in January.

Edited by Conjo

Just now, Away Toon said:

He has changed the team substantially. However we are no better than we were under Bruce and don't have anymore points than I expect Bruce would have got.

Are you having a pop at EH ? Because if you are get to fuck .

6 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You are being like a 12 year old it’s embarrassing.

We started ok, got a decision against and were pretty shit after that, mainly toothless.

You’d think it was like playing under Bruce still reading your shite

It was though.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Hayden and his flaws is the only one we have capable of offering the needed protection. 

We are bad so playing with such a midfield away against teams who are better than us is asking for it. 

It’s the same as the Arsenal game. These teams don’t even have to play well to make us look bad. 

so JoeLinton, Shelvey, Hayden and Saint Max in midfield

Lewis, Fernandez, Shar and Manquillo in defence.

Who in attack, Wilson ( I think he needs support) and another?

Just now, ManDoon said:

Says the happy clapper, we lost 4-0. Ironic you accuse me of acting like a 12 year old when you lack basic reading comprehension. Had a drink again? Anyway ignore list. Leave it at that 

Stop biting, man. :lol: 

We were horrific after 10mins and despite have a far superior manager (over Bruce) in Howe, the collection of garbage we have in this team is sending us down. Which, might actually be for the best in the long term. I'm as pissed off as you are at the frustration of reality clouding this team being better. 

It sucks to suck. :lol: We need to give Howe time and money, we'll be better in the not too distant future and most of these nothing players will be gone sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

It didn't need to be that embarrassing. The only one I have any empathy for is Howe and the mess our new owners have to unfuck. 

It's wild that most of these players have been together multiple seasons, yet seemingly have no clue how to play cohesively. What's most disappointing is any optimism that had come from our takeover, is the realization at how garbage our squad, mentality and poorly mismanaged this club has been for most of my adulthood. :lol: 

Thing is if we are going to work on changing the way we play we are going to have to expect some days like this against better teams. Yes Leicester have been struggling, but once I saw Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes were in there I thought his could be a possibility.

I think the manager will learn a lot from games like this, and he'll just have to figure out how to set the team up to be better using the ball with the players we currently have. We could have come in today and just sat in Bruce style, but then we likely would have lost by what 2 instead of 4? But then what do you really learn from that?

Painful day, but lets see what changes are made in the team going forward now. If it means no more Willock in central midfield I will gladly take that,, because that is the huge issue  right now.

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

By the way we were managing the game fine until Shelvey decided to fanny around with it in our third. Seriously he’s got to go.

He's got three men around him when Lascelles decides to play it to him, mind. They're both thick as pig shit and I won't miss them when they're gone.