Leicester City 4 - 0 Newcastle United (12/12/2021)

Yorkie

Worth remembering that before today we'd only lost one match under Howe, like. It's perhaps understandable that he's stuck with Willock, Shelvey et al when the results have been improving a bit and the other options in midfield aren't exactly much more appealing. 

Let's see how he reacts to this result. 

At least Gini knows what he is walking into come January. Will be like he never left.

Oh no, there he goes in the distance running in the opposition direction with everyone else linked. 

Tbf Matty Longstaff was always going to be like a new signing anyway.

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Shelvey needs out of this team. 

Willock in midfield is the key area of concern. That one change with someone even half clued up on how to play that position would see the whole unit function infinitely better.

We need to learn how to shithouse a point against teams , be ugly , bore the cunt off us . 

This approach, right now is not what we need. 

Our one hope ASM is badly out of form , I’m looking at him and for the first time wondering if he’s worth it against the big teams ? 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Scary this about this is that I thought this was our best team, blame Howe all you want, but this team just lacks quality in the key areas. 

Whilst that is true, Howe is persisting formations that we just don't have the players to make work.

He has made selection errors that have directly cost us points and other than Joelinton's form it's hard to find any positives on the pitch from his management.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Needs to be in the first week of January as well 

True, but how we've set up so far tells me Eddie is not a liker of that (a DM).

I mean why would you play Willock and Shelvey and not a DM behind them, especially when you have Hayden available. Seems daft like.

Edited by Bimpy474

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Playing those 2 in there is suicidal.

I’m like a broken record but our terrible centre half’s need protection. They get very little with a two man midfield anyways it only compounds the issue when those two are Shelvey and Wilock. 

You can't play at this level with no players that can control the ball in midfield, the team is full of players who want to run with the ball and then you got Shelvey walking around behind them hardly utting in any effort, and when you got the average defenders we've got your just asking to be destroyed, god help us in the next two games.

Just now, KaKa said:

Terrible result, but it's so clear what needs changing. Think Howe will figure it out. 

Rough day, but better to come. Still certain of that. 

It didn't need to be that embarrassing. The only one I have any empathy for is Howe and the mess our new owners have to unfuck. 

It's wild that most of these players have been together multiple seasons, yet seemingly have no clue how to play cohesively. What's most disappointing is any optimism that had come from our takeover, is the realization at how garbage our squad, mentality and poorly mismanaged this club has been for most of my adulthood. :lol: 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I’m like a broken record but our terrible centre half’s need protection. They get very little with a two man midfield anyways it only compounds the issue when those two are Shelvey and Wilock. 

I agree but look on the bench, who would you put in CM?

8 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

SanToons said nowt wrong like, he's frustrated because we've been shite for as far back as we can remember and Howe's improvements have been marginal at best.

The alternative is we keep going "wow our players are bad" [emoji38]

That's part of it mind, our players are terrible. Brainless as hell a lot of the time.

Edited by Bimpy474

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

@54 I’ve literally not even posted much in the match threads as I’ve been at matches? Can you point out where I’ve been relentlessly negative please? I was after Chelsea because I was at the game. I’m not being a dick but what are you referring to??

You are being like a 12 year old it’s embarrassing.

We started ok, got a decision against and were pretty shit after that, mainly toothless.

You’d think it was like playing under Bruce still reading your shite