Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Anyone got any opinions on Koopmeiners at Atalanta? Seems a good profile for our centre mid and is a lefty

Looking at you @ponsaelius

Watched a lot of Serie A matches on BT sport this season and Atalanta were on a fair bit. 

He's a really good player, but he's not the most mobile or dynamic, probably quite similar to Bruno in athleticism, but not sure he plays with the same type of tenacity, and so not sure I'd want him and Bruno in a middle three.

Quality player though. Fantastic shot on him and passes it well, and also seen him play as an attacking mid, central mid and deeper midfielder too.

Just not quite sure of the fit, but then again we played Bruno and Shelvey in a midfield three for a bit and it functioned well, so maybe it could work.

Watching Villareal Atleti from last season on Premier Sports and came upon Nicolas Jackson for Villareal. 21, 13 La Liga goals. Ball on a string, literally looks like he’s playing a different game compared to everyone else. I want him. 

Villa linked because of Emery connection but let’s pip ‘em. 

Edit: in the last five minutes, I’ve seen him do that Neymar skill where he popped it over the defender’s head an scored, launched himself into a crowd of bodies for a diving header attempt and started running literal circles around Oblak during a corner trying to distract him. He’s wise beyond his years. 

Edited by Astroblack

3 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Watching Villareal Atleti from last season on Premier Sports and came upon Nicolas Jackson for Villareal. 21, 13 La Liga goals. Ball on a string, literally looks like he’s playing a different game compared to everyone else. I want him. 

Villa linked because of Emery connection but let’s pip ‘em. 

Edit: in the last five minutes, I’ve seen him do that Neymar skill where he popped it over the defender’s head an scored, launched himself into a crowd of bodies for a diving header attempt and started running literal circles around Oblak during a corner trying to distract him. He’s wise beyond his years. 

Transfermkt reckon value £15m seems canny on there info, only 21, contracted to 2026 so would cost few more quid

Edited by wyn davies

The write-up in The Athletic about Zubimendi’ of Sociedad is absolutely drool-worthy. He’s basically Busquets regen with a Modric add-on. 

Let’s hope Nickson spotted him when scouting Isak!

2 hours ago, greydos said:

The write-up in The Athletic about Zubimendi’ of Sociedad is absolutely drool-worthy. He’s basically Busquets regen with a Modric add-on. 

Let’s hope Nickson spotted him when scouting Isak!

I have mentioned Zubimendi a few times on here - he is fantastic - I just assumed he’s the type that would stay at his home club (don’t know why I would think that) they have great potential to be a top 4 team for a few years 

I’d invest in Redondo Jr - a few loans then bring him in - similar profile but arguably significantly cheaper 

33 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I have mentioned Zubimendi a few times on here - he is fantastic - I just assumed he’s the type that would stay at his home club (don’t know why I would think that) they have great potential to be a top 4 team for a few years 

I’d invest in Redondo Jr - a few loans then bring him in - similar profile but arguably significantly cheaper 

Basque players are disproportionately loyal tbf. I reckon he’ll stay for the CL personally from what little I know and have read.

Seemingly lost a yard of pace and the fearlessness he once had after a big injury. Looks a shell of his former self tbh. Hopefully just a mental thing but it makes sense to cash in now while his stock is still relatively high.

Edited by McCormick

He did his ACL and was out for nearly a year. Great player but a lot of his game was his pace and work rate.

Italy have not had much luck with players getting serious injuries - Zaniolo doing both knees consecutively has massively curtailed his original potential too.

1 minute ago, Hantu said:

Why don't newcastle sign Tielemans? With FFP Restrictions, a decent free agent for squad depth, isn't it reasonable? 

Ummmmmm. Aston Villa might have something to say about that.

Also, he slow 

6 minutes ago, LV said:

Ummmmmm. Aston Villa might have something to say about that.

Also, he slow 

He's might be slow but I didn't say as first team choice. It's for team depth 

Moreover newcastle play with 3 midfield, not 2. There's naturally more cover for him anyway

If newcastle sign 2 player at cm then the money will be depleted already, while they still need winger, central and left defender anyway. 

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to sign just 1 cm, and the 1 others is free agent, so the money can be spent elsewhere? 

I would have been happy to sign Tielemans as a bit of a project and I don’t believe he is wanting anywhere near £200k a week. However, we would be opening ourselves up to all sorts of issues if we make a punt of a squad player one of the best paid players at the club and would cause ourselves all sorts of issues when it comes to contract renewals with or current players.

There was a supposed ITK post put on villa talk that was posted on Reddit a few days before Tielemans joined Villa saying he was joining in the next few days and that Villa were the only club in for him. Also that they were speaking with Harvey Barnes.