Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

36 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Victor Roque definitely leaving Barca this summer. He fits the bill for a Wilson replacement surely.

On loan or permanent? 

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Victor Roque definitely leaving Barca this summer. He fits the bill for a Wilson replacement surely.

Get agent Bruno on the case

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

On loan or permanent? 

Agent saying permanent - not interested in loan move

Edited by duo

21 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Was 39 at Brunos last Brazilian club side.

Would love him here, can play across the front 3 but has potential to be world class.

Very strange goings on at Barca - I wonder if they just can't afford to play him? i.e money due based on appearance. 

13 minutes ago, duo said:

Very strange goings on at Barca - I wonder if they just can't afford to play him? i.e money due based on appearance. 

I assume they are financially in a poor state, I reckon most of their team is available at the right price.

The reality they probably have a youngster from la mesia who is as good as Vitor is tbh.

3 hours ago, KingArthur said:

And Gallagher is a player we absolutely do not need at the moment

It depends really. He could be the number 6 we don't have or a superior replacement for Longstaff.  I think he's one of the players we'd warm to very quickly if he played for us. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KingArthur said:

And Gallagher is a player we absolutely do not need at the moment

Still don’t get this view. GK aside, which position significantly impacts our performance the most when first options are out?

Fullbacks - not really, no. 

Centre halves - I don't think so, Burn and Lascelles have both put in shifts

LW - nope

RW - arguably but not to the extent that we become a poorer side, just less affective in attack.

Striker - not really, but the risk comes from how injury prone our back up is

Midfield- aye. If either Bruno or Joelinton are out we become a significantly easier team to beat. 

Midfield absolutely needs reinforcing. I will die on this hill.

Edited by Thumbheed

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Still don’t get this view. GK aside, which position significantly impacts our performance the most when first options are out?

Fullbacks - not really, no. 

Centre halves - I don't think so, Burn and Lascelles have both put in shifts

LW - nope

RW - arguably but not to the extent that we become a poorer side, just less affective in attack.

Striker - not really, but the risk comes from how injury prone our back up is

Midfield- aye. If either Bruno or Joelinton are out we become a significantly easier team to beat. 

Midfield absolutely needs reinforcing. I will die on this hill.

Burn and Lascelles are one of the reason we are not a top top team. So are Longstaff, Andersson, Dubravka and Almiron. All these need upgrading. 

I agree midfield needs reinforcing. But Gallagher is a 50-60 million player who is an England International. We are not going to buy him to put him ( or Brazil International or Italy International, both 50-60 million players) on the bench. We are nowhere near that yet. 

We have Almiron and Murphy RW and aging Schär as the only fit top level CB. And injury prone Wilson as the only option for CF. 

edit. Tonali is Longstaff replacement. I understand buying Gallagher if Bruno leaves

Edited by KingArthur

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Burn and Lascelles are ole of the reason we are not a top top team. So are Longstaff, Andersson, Dubravka and Almiron. All these need upgrading. 

I agree midfield needs reinforcing. But Gallagher is a 50-60 million player who is an England International. We are not going to buy him to put him ( or Brazil International or Italy International, both 50-60 million players) on the bench. We are nowhere near that yet. 

We have Almiron and Murphy RW and aging Schär as the only fit top level CB. And injury prone Wilson as the only option for CF. 

edit. Tonali is Longstaff replacement. I understand buying Gallagher if Bruno leaves

Not convinced gallagher would fetch 50 million though I might be plain off on that - think Gallagher would be a tremendous asset for us, box-to-box with real defensive capability and energy seems right up Eddie's alley

Edit to add I don't think Chelsea will be looking to move him

Edited by Upthemags

Problem with Gallagher imo is that he isn't anything new to our team, yeah I think he's good as a high pressing, high stamina 8. But we have more than a few of those, yeah I think he'd improve us, but for the money + what we get I don't see it 

34 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Not convinced gallagher would fetch 50 million though I might be plain off on that - think Gallagher would be a tremendous asset for us, box-to-box with real defensive capability and energy seems right up Eddie's alley

Edit to add I don't think Chelsea will be looking to move him

Gallagher of course is a great player. But for that amount and our FFP problems, our needs elsewhere are bigger

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Would rather we went for the lad O’Riley from Celtic than Gallagher, think he could be one of these that could make the transition from SPL.

One to consider if Bruno goes.

Gallagher would be such a poor use of resources. 

If Bruno leaves we are left with trips as the only creator/ string puller who’s knocking on.

If Bruno leaves we will need to rethink our entire system. 

Not sure if posted..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-atalanta-ederson-manutd-32874475

Newcastle are among the top suitors in the hunt and Magpies recruitment chief Steve Nickson has even travelled to Italy in recent months to watch the all-action Brazilian in the flesh. Ederson is likely viewed as a possible replacement for compatriot Bruno Guimaraes, who has a £100m release clause that expires on June 30.

Interestingly, departing sporting director Dan Ashworth was key to Newcastle's initial interest and amid Eddie Howe's fears is that Ashworth could capitalise on transfer intel in his new role at Manchester United - once the ongoing ugly legal dispute is finally resolved.

Based on a couple of Europa games I saw, I’d want us to get Ederson anyway. Be ruthless getting Willock moved on, and bring in him. 

Feels him/Bruno/Jo/Tonali would be a formidable 4 for rotational quality and what we need as a squad.