Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

7 hours ago, Playmaker said:

I know villa wouldn’t sell but Ezri Konsa looks like good player.He would be a good partner for Sven I also think he got called up the national team last time. 

Thankfully the club has much higher standards 

First of all, let’s not talk down about Konsa. He’s a good CB. His mishap against us is probably still too fresh in the mind but that kind of thing can happen to anyone.

Villa are very much on the up. They wouldn’t sell a key player to a direct rival unless the fee was utterly exorbitant.

Todibo, Scalvini, Dioamande, Silva to name a few. Some very expensive and difficult deals mind. We have been linked with Dragusin who might be a cheaper more realistic option. No idea of how good he is. Benfica are next to impossible to deal with. Someone like Silva might be RM bound (based on nothing really) 

Nothing is impossible though, as we have seen when we got Tonali. With Botman and Schär we might go with a cheaper one who we think might prove to be a bargain signing and be top quality. The team and shape is more important. As we can see with some of the CB we have played this season. RW absolute priority imo. 

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

First of all, let’s not talk down about Konsa. He’s a good CB. His mishap against us is probably still too fresh in the mind but that kind of thing can happen to anyone.

Villa are very much on the up. They wouldn’t sell a key player to a direct rival unless the fee was utterly exorbitant.

He's 26, signed a new long term deal about 6 weeks ago, will cost a ridiculous fee and while decent is never the level we will be looking to get to. I don't even remember his mishap but seen enough to know we will get a better player in a better deal

10 hours ago, Playmaker said:

I know villa wouldn’t sell but Ezri Konsa looks like good player.He would be a good partner for Sven I also think he got called up the national team last time. 

Yeh, looks a really good player! But as Villa are on the up i can´t see them selling..

I like the idea of Branthwaite, young, looks promising, and can learn from two quality CBs in Sven and Schar.

My guess would be a tried and tested CB if we made the position a priority over others, Anderson or Guehi from Palace. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Roony Bardghji. Can't say i've seen much from him or know how ready he is. I think we have great physicality but lack abit of technical and creative ability.Technical ability is key to take us to the next level imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2023 at 06:41, arnonel said:

Thiago Almada wants to leave MLS this window. Could be our next miggy

Very similar record at Atlanta to Miggy as well. He's just got more assists whereas as Miggy got more goals. I'd argue the MLS has improved since Almiron has played their so perhaps those stats are more impressive.

He'd certainly be able to learn to contribute more defensively given his age and I'm sure Howe is capable of seeing whether he's got that ability in him or not before we even consider signing him.

£30M (roughly) would be worth the risk I'd say. Takes a good free kick as well, which is always useful.

• 2 weeks later...