Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Morgan Whittaker should be la great pickup for someone - I’d take him as a 3rd choice striker who can play RW

Edited by Mikky

On 31/12/2023 at 23:22, kingxlnc said:

Would any one take Sancho on loan for RW? Think Howe could fix him

Peak Dortmund Sancho would improve any team, but i'm pretty sure he'd fail our background and personality check within the first two minutes. By all accounts he's a total c**t. 

Olise on the other hand would be worth breaking the bank for. What would he likely cost? £60m?

On 01/01/2024 at 17:01, La Parka said:

Jonny Rowe (Norwich) (AM L/R/C)

Reminds me of Willock. Hes got that south london Eze, Zaha etc vibe. 

When was the last time we dipped into the Championship or below to pick up some talent? It feels like it's been a long time.

I don't think Livramento counts 

3 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Peak Dortmund Sancho would improve any team, but i'm pretty sure he'd fail our background and personality check within the first two minutes. By all accounts he's a total c**t. 

Olise on the other hand would be worth breaking the bank for. What would he likely cost? £60m?

His release clause in the summer which Chelsea activated was £35m, he signed a new contract but no reports stating how much the new release clause is

Being heavily linked with Man U but he would be an ideal signing for RW

He’d probably be daft money but Gyokeres from Sporting would fit us brilliantly. Can play all across the front three. I thought we might have taken a punt on him in the summer when he was leaving Coventry. I watched him a lot for them last season and he was a class above.

18 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

He’d probably be daft money but Gyokeres from Sporting would fit us brilliantly. Can play all across the front three. I thought we might have taken a punt on him in the summer when he was leaving Coventry. I watched him a lot for them last season and he was a class above.

Missed the boat unfortunately it’s where the Barnes money should have went.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Missed the boat unfortunately it’s where the Barnes money should have went.

Jury is still out on Barnes for me imo. Can’t judge a player who’s hardly played. 

10 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Jury is still out on Barnes for me imo. Can’t judge a player who’s hardly played. 

Judging him aside, Gordon’s performances on the right tell us everything we need to know about them both playing in same team effectively for me.

Just wasn’t a priority signing, Gyokeres would have been ideal for Howe, pressing machine and knows where back of net is, opportunity missed.

Edited by Whitley mag

15 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Judging him aside, Gordon’s performances on the right tell us everything we need to know about them both playing in same team effectively for me.

Just wasn’t a priority signing, Gyokeres would have been ideal for Howe, pressing machine and knows where back of net is, opportunity missed.

Proper English signings though guvnor.

1 minute ago, Myleftboot said:

Proper English signings though guvnor.

Unfortunately, i think there is an element of the manager pushing for young, British and PL experience as that’s what he prefers coaching.

29 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

James Trafford in the summer?

One season where he's number 2 with the potential to push Pope, then look to replace him after that.

He’s not ready for that and won’t be for a few years.

Just now, The Butcher said:

Really obvious that we need a DM, even today. We're too easy to play through.

Noticed that in 2nd half huge gap when Miley came on between midfield and defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if he has signed a new contract yet or not. Seems to have everything but shooting quality (yet) and not expensive.  Would be perfect. 

Edited by Ikon

Surprised Hojberg hasn’t been mentioned as a possibility. Spurs looking to get rid, 18 months left on his contract, pure #6 but still contributes going forward. What would he cost? £10m?