Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

On 01/01/2024 at 17:01, La Parka said:

Jonny Rowe (Norwich) (AM L/R/C)

Reminds me of Willock. Hes got that south london Eze, Zaha etc vibe. 

We’ve been sniffing around, supposedly.

23 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

If that’s what he earns it’s a lot for a back-up midfielder for anyone, that’s partly why he’s available. I really like him but suspect he will go abroad.

You didn’t sign Maddison for more reasons than that :lol:

If we paid 50% more than you, you reckon he would turn us down?

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If we paid 50% more than you, you reckon he would turn us down?

Your question should rightly be “if we paid the same as you, would he turn us down?” To which my answer would be, yes, I think so.

On 01/11/2023 at 09:24, arnonel said:

Bilal el Khannous looks the business. Such a slick creative player. Would be awesome addition

Looks like he is off to Atletico or Liverpool !

On 07/02/2023 at 13:48, arnonel said:

While I am at it, Arthur Vermeeren from Antwerp looks immense. Getting alot of game time and only 17. One of the biggest talents coming out of Belgium

Looks like he is also off to Aleti :(

I wonder if this will negatively affect Italian clubs doing business from English Premier League sides and other European leagues? 

I wouldn’t mind Tomori from AC Milan(only if he doesn’t have any hidden gambling problems[emoji38]) if they have to sell. 

Just switched over to watch extra time in the Bilbao vs Barca match and have decided Nico Williams would be ideal for us.

I know he's been mentioned before on here, but I was impressed, especially with his finish for the final goal. 

What a sporting family; two pro footballers and two pro tennis players. As rare as rocking horse shit.

34 minutes ago, Pablo123 said:

Just switched over to watch extra time in the Bilbao vs Barca match and have decided Nico Williams would be ideal for us.

I know he's been mentioned before on here, but I was impressed, especially with his finish for the final goal. 

What a sporting family; two pro footballers and two pro tennis players. As rare as rocking horse shit.

Doesn't he have a release clause in the summer? Would absolutely love him for RW, however wonder if any other big clubs would also be looking for a new RW and he has his pick

5 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Doesn't he have a release clause in the summer? Would absolutely love him for RW, however wonder if any other big clubs would also be looking for a new RW and he has his pick

Without checking, I think he signed a new long term deal. Looked ideal from what I seen, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure he might have better and more lucrative offers. As I believe he is on a free in the summer. But Tosin from Fulham would be a great pick up and might help with FFP and no transfer fee. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m sure he might have better and more lucrative offers. As I believe he is on a free in the summer. But Tosin from Fulham would be a great pick up and might help with FFP and no transfer fee. 

We don’t seem to go for free transfers for whatever reasons.

On 24/01/2024 at 23:15, Pablo123 said:

Should go all out to make him our blue chip signing this summer, ship might have sailed with not being in CL but  would be worth blowing a large chunk of the budget on.

The way we set up we really need another outstanding attacker to compliment Gordon. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We don’t seem to go for free transfers for whatever reasons.

Fairly small sample size, I suppose? How many would we genuinely have looked at I wonder? Possibly priced out of moves because of the signing bonus or breaking the wage structure. 

However, we have more commercial deals to come and the wage bill will have been growing steadily since the Saudis took over. 

No idea what he’s on at Fulham. But would think we can offer a fair bit more. Although Spurs have been rumoured before they signed Dragusin and I think Liverpool, too. So may well get priced out again, even if we were interested. 

Just seemed an Eddie buy. Big fucker, decent on the ball, Prem proven, come through a quality academy, good age and I think has a decent injury record. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Fairly small sample size, I suppose? How many would we genuinely have looked at I wonder? Possibly priced out of moves because of the signing bonus or breaking the wage structure. 

However, we have more commercial deals to come and the wage bill will have been growing steadily since the Saudis took over. 

No idea what he’s on at Fulham. But would think we can offer a fair bit more. Although Spurs have been rumoured before they signed Dragusin and I think Liverpool, too. So may well get priced out again, even if we were interested. 

Just seemed an Eddie buy. Big fucker, decent on the ball, Prem proven, come through a quality academy, good age and I think has a decent injury record. 

Yeah no doubt we have our reasons, just seems a fairly obvious way to navigate FFP and we haven’t done it (yet).

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Is he any better than Lascelles? 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is he any better than Lascelles? 

From what I have watched live and also on the tele, yes. But I’m sure FBref or someone who is a scouting nerd will come on and tell me otherwise! 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Piero Hincapie is the perfect upgrade for Burn and suits our system, unfortunately the scousers have been sniffing around him for a while.

The 2 defenders I want this summer are Scalvini and Hincapie

Scalvini plays RB - CB - LB - 6

Hincapie - LB and covers CB

Juan Miranda would be nice also - completely rebuild that left side by parting ways with the likes of Burn and Targett and even Hall if there is no future for him - no time for sentiment in the summer 

Edited by Mikky

5 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

From what I have watched live and also on the tele, yes. But I’m sure FBref or someone who is a scouting nerd will come on and tell me otherwise! 

He seems more mobile, can't say I seen too much of him though to say if he's better all round. Also how many free transfers have actually happened that people said we should have been in there. Obviously ignoring any mad wages

Obvs I know fuck all about tactics and players and am only mentioning this because I'm a name dropping arse hole BUT we're currently in Italy and I hoyed the telly on as you do. 

Lo and behold Blongna are playing, highlights, and that Zirkzee looks a goer. 

Number 9 but he's all over the front line

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Obvs I know fuck all about tactics and players and am only mentioning this because I'm a name dropping arse hole BUT we're currently in Italy and I hoyed the telly on as you do. 

He looks canny mind, watched a bit of then a few weeks ago and he was impressive 

9 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah good player Zirkzee - real big season for him 

There’s also small talk of Sesko

Ideally someone who doesn’t get injured every 3 matches 

13 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

He looks canny mind, watched a bit of then a few weeks ago and he was impressive 

5 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Yeah good player Zirkzee - real big season for him 

There’s also small talk of Sesko

Ideally someone who doesn’t get injured every 3 matches 

22 yr old. Not a fully fledged International yet but full quota of youth

Just looked very adaptable. If the vision is a very mobile front 3

Not sure what will happen with some

of our midfielders in the summer. But I’d take Dominguez in a heartbeat based on this game. 

Great at timing tackles and also some really nice passing tonight. Glad he’s gone off.