Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

On 29/04/2024 at 10:07, Shearergol said:

Cost them £35m didn't he? :lol:

£30m (i think) decent players, particularly strikers, dont come cheap.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

£30m (i think) decent players, particularly strikers, dont come cheap.

No I know, that’s why we should find them before other premier league clubs do :lol:

It looks like Spurs want to move on Richalison, he hasn't had a great season but he is hard working with an eye for goal and was one of those dangerous shithouse players at Everton, if we move on Wilson I think he would be a good replacement if the price was right, and another Brazilian to add to the family.

Posted (edited)

For people who study stats or watch more football than me. Who would people take from the sides that have gone down? 

Only one that I notice from limited highlights is Muric, the Burnley keeper. Mainly started looking at him after someone on here mentioned him.

Looks like he’d be a much better and more suited number 2 than Dubravka and could actually challenge Pope for a starting spot. No idea what he would cost, mind? 

The only other was from earlier in the season was Vini Souza from Sheff Utd. But can’t say I’ve noticed him or even remembered him playing in 2024 from the limited amount of their games that I have seen. 

Always sounds a bit arrogant and like picking the carcass clean talking about relegated clubs players we could try and sign :lol: 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Jonathan Rowe of Norwich who we were linked with in January and last summer. Currently playing against Leeds in the Play Off Semi Final.

12 goals and 5 Assists this season.

Would be a fairly cheap replacement for Miggy/Murphy.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Jonathan Rowe of Norwich who we were linked with in January and last summer. Currently playing against Leeds in the Play Off Semi Final.

Definitely worth a punt, championship is full of talent.

42 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

For people who study stats or watch more football than me. Who would people take from the sides that have gone down? 

Only one that I notice from limited highlights is Muric, the Burnley keeper. Mainly started looking at him after someone on here mentioned him.

Looks like he’d be a much better and more suited number 2 than Dubravka and could actually challenge Pope for a starting spot. No idea what he would cost, mind? 

The only other was from earlier in the season was Vini Souza from Sheff Utd. But can’t say I’ve noticed him or even remembered him playing in 2024 from the limited amount of their games that I have seen. 

Always sounds a bit arrogant and like picking the carcass clean talking about relegated clubs players we could try and sign :lol: 

Still very raw but I like both Odobert and Koleosho at Burnley

What about Gnonto? Seems to be able to play RW and ST, young, seemed impressive when they were in Prem last season.

Did he go on strike or something? Maybe not the right attitude if so…

32 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Dougie’s first signing this summer :thup:

25 minutes ago, NSG said:

Dougie’s first signing this summer :thup:

28 minutes ago, Justdoesit said:

What about Gnonto? Seems to be able to play RW and ST, young, seemed impressive when they were in Prem last season.

Did he go on strike or something? Maybe not the right attitude if so…

Neither have been particularly impressive in that first half. But that could be more down to the fact neither team seem to really want to attack the game, which is understandable given it's the first leg.

I think Gnonto would cost a bit more but then again it will depend if either of these teams go up as well.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not a position we lack depth in, but Arblaster at Sheffield United looks like a real talent.

35 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Neither have been particularly impressive in that first half. But that could be more down to the fact neither team seem to really want to attack the game, which is understandable given it's the first leg.

I think Gnonto would cost a bit more but then again it will depend if either of these teams go up as well.

Tbf to Rowe he’s been out for four months and it’s his first game back.

Just watched some of the Valencia game, the Georgian keeper is quality. Brilliant for a one on one off his line and made a fantastic save from a massively deflected shot. Got named man of the match .

21 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Just watched some of the Valencia game, the Georgian keeper is quality. Brilliant for a one on one off his line and made a fantastic save from a massively deflected shot. Got named man of the match .

If I could compare him to anyone it’s probably Manuel Neuer - without being as over confident as Wor Manuel is - he’s a quality keeper 

That RW position we have to address in the summer - good pros Murphy and Miggy - but they simply aren’t at the level of Isak and Gordon 

Kelly and Tosin buy us a lot of wriggle room in the market 

Going full FM mode but I’m hoping for something like:

Kelly (free)

Tosin (free)

One of Olise/MGW/Williams (£50m +-£10m)

Rowe (£20m and loaned back to Norwich for a year)

Valencia keeper (£50m)

Young backup striker with a lot of potential (£25m)

Total spend c£150m

Out: 

Miggy

Targett

Dummett

Ritchie

Hendrick

Fraser

Hayden

Lewis

Karius

Dubravka

Wilson(?)

If we get anywhere close to £30m for the lot of them and all their wages off the books then it’s a dream scenario. Think we’ll end up subsidising a lot of their exits though.

12 minutes ago, NSG said:

Going full FM mode but I’m hoping for something like:

Kelly (free)

Tosin (free)

One of Olise/MGW/Williams (£50m +-£10m)

Rowe (£20m and loaned back to Norwich for a year)

Valencia keeper (£50m)

Young backup striker with a lot of potential (£25m)

Total spend c£150m

Out: 

Miggy

Targett

Dummett

Ritchie

Hendrick

Fraser

Hayden

Lewis

Karius

Dubravka

Wilson(?)

If we get anywhere close to £30m for the lot of them and all their wages off the books then it’s a dream scenario. Think we’ll end up subsidising a lot of their exits though.

Kelly 

Tosin

Dabast - £12m

MGW - £50m

Mbuemo - £35m

F Chiesa - £30m

Valencia keeper

Miggy and Wilson big departures 

I can only dream….

7 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Victor Roque definitely leaving Barca this summer. He fits the bill for a Wilson replacement surely.

An FM player's wet dream... Isak, Roque, fed by Tonali...