Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

17 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Karim Konate? 20. Top scorer in Austria with 20 goals. Salzburg have had some of the top players pass through there in recent times. 

Built like a brick shithouse in FIFA, so it’s a yes for me.

26 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Karim Konate? 20. Top scorer in Austria with 20 goals. Salzburg have had some of the top players pass through there in recent times. 

RB Salzburg are a bit problematic when it comes to their strikers, particularly the more diminutive ones.

Their system is a diamond with two upfront that I think is a club system/philosophy or whatever, because it's a lineup they seem committed to.

The strikers end up running the channels either side and grow quite accustomed to being in a pair, and so the smaller ones in particular struggle to adjust as a lone striker in bigger leagues, which they usually have to be. And so they end up getting put out wide and having to adjust to that.

Adeyemi and Okafor were a great pairing at Salzburg, but have both struggled to make the adjustment to having to play out wide since they left.

Konate looks like he might end up in a similar kind of situation.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

If rumours are true and Sancho is available for 40 million is he worth a shout? Was decent for Dortmund last season.

I think he'd be excellent here, but I don't think we'd interested. Could see him at West Ham if Bowen leaves

Gabri Vega. Use the Saudi connection to get a favourable deal and get him back in Europe. Wasted talent going out there, who’s all the bit the player Olmo is.

5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Gabri Vega. Use the Saudi connection to get a favourable deal and get him back in Europe. Wasted talent going out there, who’s all the bit the player Olmo is.

Yes asm and Henderson and others have shown that a one year exit is more than doable 

12 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Loan with an option for next summer would be ideal.

Think of the attitude he must have though, to cash out at 30 is one thing, to cash out at like 21 is another.

Does he have the hunger to win stuff and be the best player he can be?

That’s harsh on Rice. He’s really underrated as an England player it seems. He had to cover the entire midfield with no real help from Mainoo. 

But point taken, I think we need someone of Zubimendi’s quality to sit in there for us

Zubimendi is class but his next move is probably better served for Arsenal or Man City. We have Bruno playing that exact role here. 

2 hours ago, andyc35i said:

That’s harsh on Rice. He’s really underrated as an England player it seems. He had to cover the entire midfield with no real help from Mainoo. 

But point taken, I think we need someone of Zubimendi’s quality to sit in there for us

I think he was exposed but just think Rice sometimes struggles with the basics of passing the ball, very much a good PL player due to his engine, but against the best looks technically inferior to me.

46 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Zubimendi is class but his next move is probably better served for Arsenal or Man City. We have Bruno playing that exact role here. 

Bruno can play further forward equally as top class, we don't have anyone remotely close to replacing Bruno in the deeper role with it impacting us. Tonali maybe closest, but he still wasn't used like that at AC Milan.

Just more if we did target a CM, it needs to be that type of player IMO.

Why are there no English clubs linked to En-Nesyri? He's in his last contract year, seems perfect for a PL targetman.. Does he have injury issues or something or he really hates British weather?

Mateta is another striker, who I thought would generate more interest.. I'd love him as an option for us.

On 15/07/2024 at 08:50, Sibierski said:

Tonali maybe closest, but he still wasn't used like that at AC Milan.

Are you sure? I did not get a chance to watch him at AC Milan, but Transfermarkt, FootballCritic, and TotalFootballAnalysis have him playing mainly as a defensive midfielder. I will not worry about our midfield until we sort the RW and CB positions.  I think a backup striker is more important as well.  

4 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Are you sure? I did not get a chance to watch him at AC Milan, but Transfermarkt, FootballCritic, and TotalFootballAnalysis have him playing mainly as a defensive midfielder. I will not worry about our midfield until we sort the RW and CB positions.  I think a backup striker is more important as well.  

Played deep in a two, but it would be more Kessie / Bennacer who would do the real deep stuff which is what’s being talked about. 

Perfectly suited for us in that RCM role or even LCM, but wouldn’t want him doing what Bruno does and getting the ball on half turn deep etc. Just feel it’s an area where we do genuinely have a massive drop off if Bruno is out. 

6 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Is Arda Guler remotely realistic?  Real seem so overstocked in his position and he would be ideal for our right wing.

100% No!