Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Just now, Bellis80 said:

You know everyone is going to be stood up, so they’ll see nothing, and the vast majority have been drinking all day. No idea why you’d put you kid into that.

Because the vast majority even if they're standing and been on the hoy all day know how to behave. Unless your one of those that think a football ground is like The Purge, a law free zone.

21 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I don't think that's a fair comment, sounds more like your own frustrations about ticketing.

It's a bit contrary, been a fan 35+ years I've just accepted the way the new owners want to do things.

I don't think some random would get a ticket and start acting like that at an away game, you'd look out of your depth, and we know the fans that get to away games are usually long term fans due to points.

Feel it's more about what I said further up, about the actions fans take when they go to games, taking drugs and drinking, my 10yr old daughter is really anxious when we have groups around us swearing at the top of their voices, it's embarrassing, and the same for drunk parents taking their kids, the kids are copying them swearing now at games.

Give it time and things will improve for us all,these owners are listening, they will be looking into increasing capacity etc, things will benefit more people with time.

👍🏼

I am frustrated by the ticketing, that’s the point. Hopefully the club do get it sorted. It’s early days and they have a mountain of stuff to fix so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

You’re never going to eliminate swearing and rowdiness from the game, I’m afraid. And nor should we want to either tbh.

5 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

You know everyone is going to be stood up, so they’ll see nothing, and the vast majority have been drinking all day. No idea why you’d put you kid into that.

Absolute bollocks.

'Why you'd put your kid into that'?

Had my little'n down man u for the cup for her first away game and she was bouncing.  Stood on her seat the whole match, singing all the way (more than the 2 blokes next to me who were silent for the entirety). 

We sat in the Picadilly Tavern for 2 hours beforehand having a sing etc, loved it. 

Nonsense post. 

1 hour ago, Bellis80 said:

Fair enough. I can’t be arsed myself walking through the concourse and having to push my way through or get a piss a lot of the time so no idea how a 10 year old would like it but I know people do it.

Started going to games when I was 9/10 in very early 90s and was brought up in West Country so was mainly away ends against Swindon, Bristol (Rovers and City) with home games being stood in gallowgate. Was all terraces and wouldn’t swap those memories for anything. 5/6 I’d agree might be a little too young for away days but need to feed the passion if a kid is growing up loving football. 

6 hours ago, Rafalove said:

“Support the team, not the regime”, followed by complete silence, most the time. Or the time we were supposed to protest Ashley and ended up just abusing Ayoze Perez.

Agreed with this and Ron whose quote didn't appear, the perez shit was absolutely ridiculous. Don't forget the ones who abused the fans protesting Ashley too

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Poor fucker getting pestered to fuck at his kids football for pictures this morning

Was same with joelinton the other week. Just leave them alone and let them watch their kids ya cunts

Trippier got hammered last week too. No idea if the redhead lass is his wife or not, but she wasn't haven't it and kept telling to get a move on. [emoji38] Must be shite like that you can't drop your kid off or even stay to watch them play, as you know you'll end up having to pose for pictures without people saying as much as hello, how you doing. 

2 hours ago, Bellis80 said:

Because they love it. Mine started young.

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

Yeah I saw that, fair play to him. Doesn’t make me think any different about the point I made though. The new ticketing policy will allow more newbie/fair weather dickheads and people who generally don’t give a shit about the club to get tickets ahead of those who have been going for decades through thick and thin. I’m well aware that the club need to grow the fanbase, and of course all are welcome but it shouldn’t be at the expense of those who have been propping the club up for years.

Playing devils advocate how have they been the ones propping the club up for years? The ones refusing to fall in line with ID checks mustn’t have had STs and amassed any of their own away points hence depending on others so all their money a part from £1 per booking has been propping up the opposition clubs surely at £30 per game?

If they did have STs and propping up the club they could’ve attended Gateshead & Rangers and those 2 loyalty points would’ve been enough to get tickets for first few aways this season alone.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Playing devils advocate how have they been the ones propping the club up for years? The ones refusing to fall in line with ID checks mustn’t have had STs and amassed any of their own away points hence depending on others so all their money a part from £1 per booking has been propping up the opposition clubs surely at £30 per game?

If they did have STs and propping up the club they could’ve attended Gateshead & Rangers and those 2 loyalty points would’ve been enough to get tickets for first few aways this season alone.

Agreed. It’s such a nonsensical position that people are just taking as read. And, honestly, how many people that fucked off home games genuinely kept travelling away? The number would be in single figures.  

What’s happened is that Newcastle got really good and people who previously had given up any interest in going suddenly rediscovered an interest. Which is fine. Ashley etc. But now these people are telling us about how unfair the whole process is, which seems slightly less fine. And let’s not forget, the basis for their falling back in love with the club is the fact that it is now ran by the Saudi state. It is hard to have all that much sympathy. 

Edited by Hovagod

14 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

So: 

Bloke who goes to a lot of away games gives shit out at the end of defeat

Captain tells him he’s being a tool due to injuries

Bloke then apologises on social media saying he was a tool, was pissed up etc.

Not seeing the problem here 

Because the tool’s apology won’t garner as much or any if at all coverage compared to the damage he caused with a blank two weeks to fill before the next game. Damage if only minor already done. Does that help?

39 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I was meaning they have been propping up the club from a support point of view, rather than anything financial.

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

So: 

Bloke who goes to a lot of away games gives shit out at the end of defeat

Captain tells him he’s being a tool due to injuries

Bloke then apologises on social media saying he was a tool, was pissed up etc.

Not seeing the problem here 

If you don't see how this could turn out badly, and don't see the context around those actions, this is a you thing.

It's astonishingly offensive to be giving the players, and Trippier out of all of them, shit about their first bad performance in arguably years when they're blatantly out on their feet BECAUSE they've worked so hard and keep winning games which keep us in all these competitions without anything like the squad to properly cope with it. If not, it sounds like they should've been savvy and thrown the Man City league cup match for a quiet life. Fuck the 'silverware dreaming' fans hopes, eh?

I appreciate the guy coming out publicly afterwards and holding his hands up - a direct apology would be a good move - but at the time what he needed was a solid right hook.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I was meaning they have been propping up the club from a support point of view, rather than anything financial.

I guess the argument would be then that those propping it up financially now want a go at propping it up vocally.

Will be wise to delay judgment on things until end of the season with regards to the vocal atmospheres Home & Away. Went to Fulham, Spurs, Brentford, Villa, Chelsea and another that escapes me away last season. Felt Fulham was flat for spells then canny but then the game was flat also as jeopardy removed early in the game. Spurs not great either but was a nervy 90mins and weather awful with no cover. Brentford was canny but limited allocation. Villa was terrible but we hardly touched the ball. Chelsea was great but no jeopardy in the game. 1 Loss. 1 Draw. 3 Wins.

So far I feel home games are slightly better than last season’s corresponding fixtures but they’ve all been pretty good games were the crowd has felt it’s needed to play it’s part Palace aside. 1 very late loss and 6 wins. Haven’t touched on the UCL games obviously.

Honestly think far too much is being made of the ticketing but still early days.

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

I am frustrated by the ticketing, that’s the point. Hopefully the club do get it sorted. It’s early days and they have a mountain of stuff to fix so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

You’re never going to eliminate swearing and rowdiness from the game, I’m afraid. And nor should we want to either tbh.

Have a read, I think people need to stop this I'm bigger and better than you bullshit. I've supported Newcastle longer, bla, bla.

It's fucking painful. We're all fans, nobody needs to justify how they got a ticket to go to a game they have wanted to go to!

Basically one daft twat decides a USA flag on a baseball cap means he can engineer a conversation about a fan at a game, whether its his first away game ever, or his one hundredth. 

Why do people think this is acceptable?

3 hours ago, PRL said:

Started going to games when I was 9/10 in very early 90s and was brought up in West Country so was mainly away ends against Swindon, Bristol (Rovers and City) with home games being stood in gallowgate. Was all terraces and wouldn’t swap those memories for anything. 5/6 I’d agree might be a little too young for away days but need to feed the passion if a kid is growing up loving football. 

I started at 6 (mid 90s) - loved it as a kid. Only thing was the journeys seemed much longer at that age.

3 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Agreed with this and Ron whose quote didn't appear, the perez shit was absolutely ridiculous. Don't forget the ones who abused the fans protesting Ashley too

Me and the wife did the "ten minute delay" into our seats against West Ham under Ashley.  Received nowt but abuse and sarcastic comments when we took our seats.

16 minutes ago, Rod said:

Me and the wife did the "ten minute delay" into our seats against West Ham under Ashley.  Received nowt but abuse and sarcastic comments when we took our seats.

Same.  Didn’t help West Ham scored bang on 10 minutes mind :lol:

4 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Agreed. It’s such a nonsensical position that people are just taking as read. And, honestly, how many people that fucked off home games genuinely kept travelling away? The number would be in single figures.  

What’s happened is that Newcastle got really good and people who previously had given up any interest in going suddenly rediscovered an interest. Which is fine. Ashley etc. But now these people are telling us about how unfair the whole process is, which seems slightly less fine. And let’s not forget, the basis for their falling back in love with the club is the fact that it is now ran by the Saudi state. It is hard to have all that much sympathy. 

8 from where I work. I know of some more as the day away on the piss and gear is more fun than being in the toon.

I'm surprised at how the new ticketing system hasn't stopped the trade in away tickets.

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Have a read, I think people need to stop this I'm bigger and better than you bullshit. I've supported Newcastle longer, bla, bla.

It's fucking painful. We're all fans, nobody needs to justify how they got a ticket to go to a game they have wanted to go to!

Basically one daft twat decides a USA flag on a baseball cap means he can engineer a conversation about a fan at a game, whether its his first away game ever, or his one hundredth. 

Why do people think this is acceptable?

Yeah that's not a nice thing to have to experience. It's the club's fault that this has happened though. The systems that they have implemented are ill thought out and need changing. This story is just more evidence of that.