Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Not in the premier league you weren't. Still time though.

Tuesday 5-a-side on the West Road is more competitive than the PL I’ll have you know!

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Once the bones healed its healed, its not a muscle, its either healed or it isn't  He'll be back in 6 weeks.  I guarantee it.

Nope, it's more complicated than that. Have a read about plantar loading and the extra stresses after foot injuries. 

Nope, it's more complicated than that. Have a read about plantar loading and the extra stresses after foot injuries. 

I know mate, I've broken my foot twice in the last 18 months.  Once was the ankle, other a stress fracture.  Ankle was an absolute bastard.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But if is a simplebreak, depending on the bone 6 weeks will be enough.

Edited by relámpago blanco

Just keep to what is getting us results, let's not piss fart around with formations and personnel too much.

If Manquillo is fit, he plays RB and Targett LB.

If not, then it's Krafth. He was steady enough yesterday - albeit he got lucky with the equaliser. But given the whole club has been galvanised lately everyone will be upping their game regardless. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Howe seems very much a square peg in square holes manager, so I think it's much more likely we'll see Krafth at RB than there being a change in system to get Murphy in at RWB for example. 

Aye, like I wouldn't rule it out but it if he wanted to go 3 at the back I think he would have done it before Trippier's injury.

----------

In any case, personally not worried about Krafth, or Lascelles or Dummett etc even. We're not the same side we were even a couple of months ago and regardless of personnel Howe seems to have the opposition sussed. The individual mistakes have largely dropped off and everyone seems to know what they're meant to be doing and will put in a shift. Completely different styles but he does remind me a lot of Rafa at the minute.

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I know mate, I've broken my foot twice in the last 18 months.  Once was the ankle, other a stress fracture.  Ankle was an absolute bastard.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

But if is a simplebreak, depending on the bone 6 weeks will be enough.

I think most people who have played football must have fractured their 5th metatarsal :lol: I did mine when I was 26 (like @HTT II no surgery). Still causes discomfort now all these years later, but not from kicking, from it being my standing foot. Obviously as a professional athlete his healing time will be quicker, but if he's back in 6 weeks, given he won't be able to train for at least 4 of those I'd be absolutely amazed.

Jesus was out for 9 or 10 weeks with the same injury and that was a quicker return than they expected.

EDIT: To add, if they just went physio instead of surgery he'd probably be back quicker, but likely to re-injure it. We just need him to live in an oxygen tent for a few weeks to make sure he's back.

Edited by Shearergol

I think most people who have played football must have fractured their 5th metatarsal :lol: I did mine when I was 26 (like @HTT II no surgery). Still causes discomfort now all these years later, but not from kicking, from it being my standing foot. Obviously as a professional athlete his healing time will be quicker, but if he's back in 6 weeks, given he won't be able to train for at least 4 of those I'd be absolutely amazed.

Jesus was out for 9 or 10 weeks with the same injury and that was a quicker return than they expected.

Aye it was my standing foot too and it does hurt to this cat and I never knew JC broke his metatarsal as well, poor bloke had it tough, with that and being nailed to a cross! 

Hopefully Manquillo is fit and we can play him and Targett with Burn hopefully staying at the same level as yesterday. At the end of the day, our only goal this season is to be a Premier League team next season so that we can transform the team in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

EDIT: To add, if they just went physio instead of surgery he'd probably be back quicker, but likely to re-injure it. We just need him to live in an oxygen tent for a few weeks to make sure he's back.

He's well known for his comebacks though.

Taking the worst case scenario and assuming this is effectively the last we see of him this season, we've basically paid £12m for 9 points. Think we'd all have done that if possible. :lol:

Massively lose confidence in repeating any of those performances without him though because his leadership and composure have been absolutely essential. Not to mention the obvious fact he was on track to becoming our top goalscorer too.