Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Wonder if it was one of our players by accident coming out fir the 2nd half? Or even a Villa player by accident.

Seems strange that nothing has been said. 

Howe didn’t say his foot was trodden on, or someone stood on his foot, he said Trippier’s foot was stamped on!

That would suggest they know who stamped on Trippier’s foot.

7 minutes ago, Collage said:

Playing your kids in the garden doesn’t count mate.

I don’t have a garden and I was back playing against former academy players, semi-pros, hardened lads. And I still fucking smashed it…. over a 20ft metal fence and onto some poor cunts car admittedly, but yer know!

Edited by HTT II

my biggest worry is that we slip into old habits without him on the pitch. He's clearly inspiring the rest of them, just hope he's done enough already to make it stick.

will he still be in and about the changing room before/during matches? or do players just typically stay away to rehab?

Just now, HUGZ said:

my biggest worry is that we slip into old habits without him on the pitch. He's clearly inspiring the rest of them, just hope he's done enough already to make it stick.

will he still be in and about the changing room before/during matches? or do players just typically stay away to rehab?

In a nutshell.

Hopefully the character he's demonstrated so far means you couldn't keep him away from the squad if you tried.

7 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

I imagine whether a player sticks around the team during rehab is case-by-case but reckon he's the sort of character that would want to still be around everyone, and Howe is probably smart enough to realise the positive effect he could still have on the team if he does so.

Edited by wormy

Agreed. I reckon Bruno is an ideal character to fill that on-pitch void of leadership for now, as he's meant to be a real fighter and drives people on, no?

Even with limited English, I feel he's going to make a big impact on the others and I sincerely hope Howe starts him against West Ham.

16 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

At first, we looked set to fall apart, as though they couldn't play without our talisman. But we pulled it together and, other than the offside goal, never felt under any real pressure. We lose so much in both attack and defence, with Trippier out, but the players have to believe in themselves.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Ben Dinnary saying the data collected over the past ten plus years indicates that the average RTP from a fractured fifth metatarsal is around 80 days.

Could go around the world in that time FFS!