Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Given trippier is pretty much our most creative player I would say it’s a disaster. Can’t be losing our best players at a time when we barely have a squad. 

And if we already had Phillips and wanted to swap him with an out of form Trippier we could've been saying "we can't afford to lose our only DM to sign an out of form 33 year old when we have 4 absences in midfield."

Edit: This is purely from the perspective of a hypothetical scenario of us selling Trippier to be able to fund Phillips. It's probably not what's happening anyways.

Edited by Erikse

How on earth would we benefit from loaning out the captain, most creative outlet, only creative outlet on the right hand side and probably the most important player in the system we play? Unless we get Kimmich the other way, which won't happen, it makes zero sense.

Only makes sense if those rumours surrounding his personal life are true. Maybe not from Tripps, but I'd imagine a fresh start away from the area is wanted. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Can’t help wondering if the real impetus to leaving, assuming there is some truth in this, is whatever has been going on in his personal life? 

That’s what I’m getting at, but let’s slow down. It’s all rumours and these links could just be the press taking advantage and pouring some fuel on the fire to make the most of what’s largely been a dead window so far.

Edited by Nine

It seems like something has happened with Trippier behind the scenes, the signs have been there a while - leaving the England camp, his proceeding massive drop off in form, the argument with the fan.. As hard as it is to take, it's entirely possible he's asked us to find him a move. He's shown in the past that he's willing to make sudden career changes for personal reasons. 

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Seriously? :lol:

a loan has no benefits for us mind, we would be stupid to agree. 

no sense whatsoever. If it’s a loan of course.

Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

It seems like something has happened with Trippier behind the scenes, the signs have been there a while - leaving the England camp, his proceeding massive drop off in form, the argument with the fan.. As hard as it is to take, it's entirely possible he's asked us to find him a move. He's shown in the past that he's willing to make sudden career changes for personal reasons. 

It’s the only logical explanation if it happens, there’s been plenty of rumours about him. 

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

This.

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

He left the England camp because of a burglary at his home. And the rumours surrounding his personal life, as had been confirmed multiple times, was made up by a Sunderland fan.

21 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He left the England camp because of a burglary at his home. And the rumours surrounding his personal life, as had been confirmed multiple times, was made up by a Sunderland fan.

Where did I mention anything about the rumours regarding his extra-marital activities?

Is the burglary at his home not a personal issue as and of itself? It could certainly warrant him wanting to leave if his family don't feel safe in the area. There could also be other issues going on behind the scenes that involve neither of these things. There's clearly something up with him.

Only way this makes sense is if Trippier wants is, but even then, a loan deal hardly released our FFP shackles. I understand the concept of selling someone reluctantly, but this I do not. 

Bizarre as fuck. 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Bild saying talks between us and Bayern M today regarding Trippier loan. IF true all the reports lately regarding him then surely there’s more to this than has been mentioned. As of now it doesn’t make any sense (if true I repeat). A lot of smoke. Kind of..

Whaaa?? You mean we aren't getting £20m for him???

31 minutes ago, Andy said:

Where did I mention anything about the rumours regarding his extra-marital activities?

Is the burglary at his home not a personal issue as and of itself? It could certainly warrant him wanting to leave if his family don't feel safe in the area. There could also be other issues going on behind the scenes that involve neither of these things. There's clearly something up with him.

How is there clearly something up with him?