Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Don’t worry. It’s nonsense (at least in January).

And those rumours were bullshit as well, by the way. (It shouldn’t really have needed saying)

Can you at least give us a clue who your source is?

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He left the England camp because of a burglary at his home. And the rumours surrounding his personal life, as had been confirmed multiple times, was made up by a Sunderland fan.

I was told by someone high up in  another sports club around here (not football) who knows the guy that owns the Vermont that it’s 100% true. Could explain Trippier and possibly Joelinton going. 

Footballers are bring burgled up and down the country. It's just took a while to get here. The amount of money thry are on you'd think thryd be able to hire some security when they are away.

Reckon Duncan Ferguson would be up for a bit of house sitting on a Wednesday evening.

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

Is it not just because it’s Bayern Munich? I mean, they’re a world giant. 

Of course this could be a factor, let’s not kid ourselves.. if a club like Bayern come in for any of players with a serious offer they will be off.

Again, at this point this is nothing more than rumours and links. Let’s not feed into the media until we know of something substantial.

Edited by Nine

7 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

I was told by someone high up in  another sports club around here (not football) who knows the guy that owns the Vermont that it’s 100% true. Could explain Trippier and possibly Joelinton going. 

14 years of Ashley really has done a psychological number on a massive amount of our fan base like. Why is everyone always so quick to assume everything negative is true?

2 hours ago, Erikse said:

£120.000 per week, not £100.000. By the way, my understanding was that you don't have to pay the remaining amortisation if the player is sold? Maybe I'm wrong.

You do. If he leaves we still paid (or owe) Atletico the fee. The books have to match actual cash outgoings. The remaining balance gets deducted from the incoming fee and that is the “profit.”*

* Note: you can sell a player at a loss but it can still be booked as profit in the current accounting year if enough of the initial sum has been paid down via amortization (eg Chris Wood).