Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Exactly. Only bad thing is one of those games is Man City in the cup which is our last chance of winning anything this season.

There was a right back not named Trippier who was motm last time we threw Man City out of a cup this season ;)

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

There was a right back not named Trippier who was motm last time we threw Man City out of a cup this season ;)

Here’s hoping Valentino strikes again.

On 11/02/2024 at 19:37, Mase said:

Im from Bury where Kieran is from. I played in the same league as his brother Kelvin and my brother was in the same team (Woodbank) as Kieran when they were kids. Chris, Kieran’s dad ran the team, and although Kieran was a year younger than everyone else he played for the team. When I say played, I mean he completely bossed it. 

From such a young age you could see how class he was going to be. I remember one match when he was about 7 or 8 and he skinned the entire opposition, put his foot on the ball and just blasted it top corner from outside the box. 

He's from a family that is obsessed with football, unfortunately they’re Man United fans but you can’t win them all :)

His mum and dad are sound, my mum would often go into the local shop near where they lived (and where my mum worked) and would try and wind his dad up when City beat Man United (which was rare when I was growing up)

It’s great to see him still doing well. 

Was he from Bury itself or Summerseat/Ramsbottom? I used to know someone who dated his brother and assumed he was from the same area. 

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Imagine if Krafth starts now? 😂 

I get the joke but if Krafth started RB and Tino LB that might avert an uprising.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

One of our most important players. Annoying to lose him for that amount of time.

Yeah can't imagine losing an important player for longer... 😅

Livramento offers us a different package, and looks ready to step up. He certainly adds to our ability to counter attack.

Tripps is a really good reader of the game, but he's never been the greatest defender. He's looked increasingly vulnerable in that area.

Think Tino getting a run at right back can only be a good thing ahead of next season.

Also, Bruno’s corners the other day after trips went off were pretty much on the money each time.

If he only misses Chelsea & Man City it's not a big issue. Probably do him good with a short period out to rest so he can better help us finish the season on a high. Tino with two motm performances coming up.

Edited by Conjo

Kind of agree with others that a rest for Trippier and missing the internationals might do him some good. He’s been playing through a couple of niggles this season as it is. 

I do worry a bit about our build up, mind. His forward passing is so important for us and we still often go down that side to progress up the pitch. 

Tino much better at carrying the ball, TBF and a really solid 1 v 1 defender.

On 05/03/2024 at 09:19, Coffee_Johnny said:

Was he from Bury itself or Summerseat/Ramsbottom? I used to know someone who dated his brother and assumed he was from the same area. 

He's from Summerseat mate, but Summerseat is a village in Bury. 

He went to school in Rammy as well, so all of the above haha. 

His brothers are football mad as well. His dad even more so. His dad is also fuckin solid, to put it politely ;D There was a story from when Kieran was with Spurs and he had a party that Dele Alli attended and Alli said something to Kieran’s dad and got gripped. Theres some funny stories but probably not for on here haha. 

Edited by Mase

I’m not concerned about losing Trippier. Rather have all players fit for options, but at least this is a forced hand to look at things different and possibly train different. 

Our corners recent games have shown they don’t drop off, and we can speed things up and not need Trippier to jog across the pitch to over hit/under hit a cross no worse than Gordon.

Plus on the counter, I’d like to think him holding back and using his experience to anticipate danger would serve us well too, rather than have him on wrong side and end of pitch. 

Edited by Sibierski