Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Would expect Schar in there considering his age, international experience and length of service.

they probably have Schar on the door during those meetings.

10 hours ago, Disco said:

That weirdo sidekick is even worse than the one on the Ben Foster thing which is genuinely impressive. Did they think Mid Morning Matters was a documentary?

The northern chap that sounds like he has a mouthful of food all the while? He was somehow more irritating than Humphrey on the Howe one. 

I’d like to listen to this. As Trippier is great to listen to. But not sure I can handle the cringefest, again. 

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's the High Performance Podcast, hosted by serious Jake Humphries and the bag of spuds sat next to him. They have no time for banter. It's about what value you bring to the world, continuous improvement and how you can become the cold, calculating leader and capitalist that everyone was born to be. 

Proper LinkedIn podcast

It's always nice to hear the fans being complimented, particularly when there are others accusing us of bootlicking or whatever, but some of the stuff Jake was saying was very cringe. I dunno where he was getting half of it from. That stuff about fans understanding the responsibility of being at SJP and passing that responsibility down to future generations [pensive stare into the middle distance] and WHEN, KIERAN, DID YOU FIRST REALISE THE POWER OF THE FANS!? :lol: I was like, howay dial it back a bit, JakEboi.

Don't see owt wrong with the other fella though, and I've no real beef with Humphries tbh. It's all terribly terribly earnest but I find some of the questions quite interesting and atypical. Most footballer interviews are enough to put you to sleep so I've definitely got time for the deeper stuff, even if I'm taking their 'lessons' with a pinch of salt. 

It's LinkedIn Premium Account with a dash of Mens Mental Health™. I enjoyed the Eddie Howe episode cos Eddie is Eddie but it left me never wanting to listen to another second of the podcast.

Edited by ponsaelius

Listen to their stuff with actual business folks and maybe you’ll change your mind. If not? Then it’s not your your cup of tea. So maybe don’t listen to it and not spend time slagging off something you don’t give a fuck about. The stuff they focus on is very much part of building corporate culture over here and it resonates.

Jake seems to respect the living daylights out of Newcastle and our fans and all that so I quite like the bloke.

Found many of the episodes to be quite helpful to me in my own life Re: personal and business stuff. Finding a path through tough times, setbacks, dark periods etc and I find it quite insightful. 

But hey what the fuck do I know eh? 

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Listen to their stuff with actual business folks and maybe you’ll change your mind. If not? Then it’s not your your cup of tea. So maybe don’t listen to it and not spend time slagging off something you don’t give a fuck about. The stuff they focus on is very much part of building corporate culture over here and it resonates.

Jake seems to respect the living daylights out of Newcastle and our fans and all that so I quite like the bloke.

Found many of the episodes to be quite helpful to me in my own life Re: personal and business stuff. Finding a path through tough times, setbacks, dark periods etc and I find it quite insightful. 

But hey what the fuck do I know eh? 

We're not having a go at people that do like it, mate, just different strokes for different folks, innit. Imagine that kind of content hits different over there to here n'all.

44 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We're not having a go at people that do like it, mate, just different strokes for different folks, innit. Imagine that kind of content hits different over there to here n'all.

100% got you my man. Thanks for saying that bro. 

Edited by Kanji

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's always nice to hear the fans being complimented, particularly when there are others accusing us of bootlicking or whatever, but some of the stuff Jake was saying was very cringe. I dunno where he was getting half of it from. That stuff about fans understanding the responsibility of being at SJP and passing that responsibility down to future generations [pensive stare into the middle distance] and WHEN, KIERAN, DID YOU FIRST REALISE THE POWER OF THE FANS!? :lol: I was like, howay dial it back a bit, JakEboi.

Don't see owt wrong with the other fella though, and I've no real beef with Humphries tbh. It's all terribly terribly earnest but I find some of the questions quite interesting and atypical. Most footballer interviews are enough to put you to sleep so I've definitely got time for the deeper stuff, even if I'm taking their 'lessons' with a pinch of salt. 

His cohost has written several good books on culture in sport.

I quite like Jake. His big up of Newcastle is fine by me.

Let's face it we've had enough people over time slagging the club off for the right and the very wrong reasons and the same with the fans for the right and the wrong reasons.

But the reality is Newcastle United seem to be a fascination for the neutral for the good the bad and the ugly reasoning.

On 10/05/2023 at 08:56, Conjo said:

Turns 33 fairly early into next season. Hope he's got the legs of Cafu to be a regular for us for the next 2-3 seasons.

Cafu's 52 now, probably better he had the legs of someone younger tbh. 

8 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

boourns.jpeg.15e8bf72da6366c03ec8873a0bccdf1a.jpeg

(jk Kanji)

9 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

It's LinkedIn Premium Account with a dash of Mens Mental Health™. I enjoyed the Eddie Howe episode cos Eddie is Eddie but it left me never wanting to listen to another second of the podcast.

The one with Rio is awful.

And I like Rio and Jake. But it takes itself too seriously.

I really enjoyed the podcast- Trippier comes across as such a nice, good, humble guy. I found the humble part refreshing, I don't really expect that with these types of players these days e.g. "I never imagined I'd be playing in a CL final" -  I'd expect more "I always knew I could play in a CL final".

The leadership group thing was very interesting, had never heard that before. And Simeone sounds even more mental than I thought, the 'we're going to be champions' greeting :lol:

Loves Dyche, could see him when he drops off in quality with age potentially dropping to wherever Dyche is then. Tho hope he ends his career with us.

Also our negotiators rinsed him knowing he wants to move back, how've we managed to get him to accept lower wages than Atletico

Edited by Superior Acuña

Listened to the podcast and thought it was alright to be honest

His mindset of wanting to move to Spain and challenge himself mentally was really interesting I thought as most players would rather stay where they are comfortable

He gave huge credit to our players who were here before the takeover and continue to be a big part of the squad