Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

It's getting towards that time of the year... Player of the Season? I think he pips it, but it's nice to have so many competitors. To me, without Trippier you get no Miggy etc. etc.

I'm still so proud he chose to come here. It was such a brave move from him, and one that could have easily backfired but it didn't. He wouldn't have allowed it to. Even when he broke his metatarsal he was still such an important part of the machine and now he's our on-field leader it's fucking magnificent.

I've been banging this drum since Cambridge, but he's got the best first touch I've ever seen. It buys him so much time. 

3 hours ago, Smal said:

image.thumb.png.87ec8c4b3ccf931df867d980dd732bca.png

was terrified when he went down injured. Over 9 fields gained by pass. Miles better than anyone on the pitch at progressing the ball. 

He's got some weird looking knees man. When he went down I was looking at his leg and I'm like oh yeah that's dislocated, he's fucked.

Then he got up and he's moving around and they both liked like that, lol. Maybe he's okay? Maybe he just has both kneecaps out at all times haha

He will go down as the most important signing we made. His leadership on and off the pitch completely transformed us from hopeless losers, to PL survivors against all odds, to CL qualifiers the next season. And without signing him I don't think the likes of Bruno or Isak sign for us either.

54 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

He will go down as the most important signing we made. His leadership on and off the pitch completely transformed us from hopeless losers, to PL survivors against all odds, to CL qualifiers the next season. And without signing him I don't think the likes of Bruno or Isak sign for us either.

Trippier controls the game when he has the ball. Fantastic at releasing people in front of him. Links up so well down the right flank. Then you add the set pieces on top. Its very unorthodox to have such a talented passed and creative player at right back. Great leader and personality.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

Somehow I think Trippier is underrated at our club. He's like a reverse Schar, the wider world gives him more credit than we do.

By who!?

His signing was almost catalyst to our clubs new direction. He brought big club/game experience and a calmness and reassurance that we sorely lacked at the time.

I put him up as one of the most important signings this club has made. Absolutely transformational.

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

By who!?

His signing was almost catalyst to our clubs new direction. He brought big club/game experience and a calmness and reassurance that we sorely lacked at the time.

I put him up as one of the most important signings this club has made. Absolutely transformational.

It's not a personal accusation, don't worry :lol:

But he tends to be quite far down the list when people talk about players of the season etc. etc. It's regularly said, correctly, that Guimaraes is so good we hardly really mention his 7 or 8 out of 10 games, but we don't even mention that we don't mention Trippier's 7 or 8 out of 10 games..!

When you look at his stats for this season, they're epic.

My favourite stat this season is that outside of KdB - who is an absolute freak - Trippier has the highest expected threat in the league. It's a shit name, but basically put it is a cumulative score assigned for when a player moves the ball from an area you are unlikely to score from to an area you are likely to score from. It doesn't include set-pieces either so it's all open play - https://markstats.club/epl-players-22-23/

We can basically say he is the best build-up player in the league behind KdB, who is a top 5 player itw.

I realized last night I've come to take him for granted. 

His quality as a player and ability to coach us through the game felt like a revolution last season. Now it's a given every time he takes to the pitch. The first signing of this new era was always going to be heavily dissected and seen as a marker for what these owners knew. Whether luck or judgement, they made a strong first impression.

Might have been said already, but much like Miggy Improved playing in front of Tripps, Murphy seems to have improved since getting starts in Miggy's absence, also playing on the right with Tripps.

Cant be coincidence, and just another sign of how important a signing, a player and skipper he's been for us.

Edited by TK-421

26 minutes ago, 80 said:

It's not a personal accusation, don't worry :lol:

But he tends to be quite far down the list when people talk about players of the season etc. etc. It's regularly said, correctly, that Guimaraes is so good we hardly really mention his 7 or 8 out of 10 games, but we don't even mention that we don't mention Trippier's 7 or 8 out of 10 games..!

When you look at his stats for this season, they're epic.

Don't worry my statement was just in general and not directed at you personally! [emoji38]

It's a mad season tbf, so many players are playing out of their skin and every week there's a new flavour. No longer have to sift through the shit and pick one player out for accolades, crazy times!

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Might have been said already, but much like Miggy Improved playing in front of Tripps, Murphy seems to have improved since getting starts in Miggy's absence, also playing on the right with Tripps.

Cant be coincidence, and just another sign of how important a signing, a player and skipper he's been for us.

And Ryan Fraser before that, going back to last season. There's a common theme.

4 hours ago, Ace said:

I love Tripps but do Bruno, Isak and Botman not play for us? 

Botman's not even our best centre-half. Fair arguments on the other two, but Trippier's right in the conversation with them.