Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Bit hard to believe that this is happening to us. Usually this would be another club and we’d be looking on as green eyed monsters.

This time it is us and it’ll be on a scale none of us could have dreamed of. We’ve hit the jackpot and despite what anyone says we fucking deserve this.

4 day into the window and we've signed a player, remember the absolute shrugs when we didn't strengthen the squad in the summer, such a difference man.

Still struggling to get over the fact we have owners that care and are trying there hardest :lol:

Guest HTT II

A genuine top-class footballer, forget his age, he’s as fit as a butcher’s dog and oozes quality defending and in attack, great first signing if it comes off and just the first sign of things to come. Excited by signing a fucking RB, oh aye!

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, 54 said:

4 day into the window and we've signed a player, remember the absolute shrugs when we didn't strengthen the squad in the summer, such a difference man.

Still struggling to get over the fact we have owners that care and are trying there hardest :lol:

I didn’t even shrug when we signed Wilson or ASM or broke our transfer record on Joelinton, I’m like a kid at Xmas us signing a RB.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I would have happily paid 25/30, it’s an insane bargain 

Atletico Madrid paid 24M to the Spurs for him in the summer of 2019. He's 31 now tbf so it should be less. Seems like good deal though. Like many on here I thought teams would ask crazy prices since Newcastle have money.

Massive statement of intent, it will definitely help to attract other players to the project that might otherwise have been hesitant.

Also puts to bed any worries of the people running the club being naïve to the workings of football, what a fucking bargain!

I remember buying him from Burnley, on FM, for about £2m. Then all of a sudden he was shit hot in real life and there was no way he'd ever sign for us. I'm thinking Howe had a lot to do with his development and he couldn't wait to link up with him again.

This is absolutely the perfect singing to kick off the future, everything about it is bang on.

1 hour ago, Beren said:

Can't believe a transfer is being sorted at the very fucking start of the transfer window. What is this sorcery :lol:

Our last first week of January signing was Debuchy, 9 years ago.

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

During Ashley's 14 years we signed one new player during the first week of January.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Kind of suspect we might end up paying something more like that. 

If we do, it'll only be because we've stayed up, done well, and he's played many many games over many years.

And in that case he'll have been worth it.