Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Just now, jackyboy said:

My 78th birthday today, what a gift this will be when it's completed

Happy Birthday fellow birthdayer, I'm 39 today so agreed that this is a canny gift. Onwards and upwards

If all things were equal I'd say Ben Arfa then Cabaye would be the most exciting signings like. It was crazy when we signed Ben Arfa especially.

Trippier is a great full back but the reason this is so exciting is because of the intent it shows as well as how it's shut down the talk from the typical morons that even with our insane wealth nobody will want to come here.

Guest HTT II

I was excited by HBA, but hadn’t really heard of Cabaye and although I had heard of Colo I didn’t quite rate him back then. I was excited by Remy and Ba massively though.

Ben Arfa was absolutely unreal, but the lead up to the signing itself was tinged with him falling out with Marseille and the feeling that it was only happening because he'd completely lost his mind. :lol:

There's nothing like that with Trippier.

Edited by kisearch

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Ben Arfa was absolutely unreal, but the lead up to the signing itself was tinged with him falling out with Marseille and the feeling that it was only happening because he'd completely lost his mind. :lol:

There's nothing like that with Trippier.

Aye the whole build up was peak NUFC/HBA and N.O ha ha. Happier times in a sad time for our club being owned by Ashley, rare lowlights…

Guest HTT II
Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

You've probably just forgotten a bit tbh HTT. Cabaye had just won the league with Lille and there was a lot of buzz about him on here at the time like. (Unless it's me that's misremembering [emoji38])

I hadn't seen him play at that time I’m sure. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Ben Arfa was easily the biggest/most exciting imo, pips this because he was an attacker and coming into his prime whereas Trippier is probably past his peak. 

Would we be as excited if we were signing him from Spurs? I can't remember how highly regarded he was on here before he went to Spain.

14 hours ago, STM said:

That's some signing that.

In fact, I'm not sure we could have made a better signing. We could have spent more, we could have risked more, especially on some big shot mercenary but this hits the sweet spot.

It's big, it's ambitious, it's in a massive problem area, it ticks every box for me.

It's no exaggeration to say that he could play in any CL side in the world including Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and City and look like he belonged there. He's that good. The only reason we are getting him is because he's 31, and he wants to be back in England. 

"Who will go to Newcastle??"

Fuck you Merse. With a fucking bowling pin. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Dunno like, lets see what Adam Pearson can produce this afternoon at the airport and/or training ground.

Hopefully a positive Covid test