Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

I’m happy to keep him. If there’s not a need to sell him for PSR purposes then I’m not sure why we’d get rid tbh.

Most clubs would kill to have a pro like Trippier around the place, even if he’s increasingly going to have to play second fiddle to Tino.

4 hours ago, christ said:

I’m happy to keep him. If there’s not a need to sell him for PSR purposes then I’m not sure why we’d get rid tbh.

Most clubs would kill to have a pro like Trippier around the place, even if he’s increasingly going to have to play second fiddle to Tino.

They don’t have to kill - just pay £10m,  he’s getting on and will go on a free next year, we need to get better at cashing in

We should have sold him to Bayern for the reported £13m in January. I said it then, I'll say it again now. Maybe we hoped keeping him would pay off by getting us into Europe but if so, it was a gamble which failed and we've sold young assets instead.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

We should have sold him to Bayern for the reported £13m in January. I said it then, I'll say it again now. Maybe we hoped keeping him would pay off by getting us into Europe but if so, it was a gamble which failed and we've sold young assets instead.

It is what it is. I’m much happier that we’re gambling on getting on Europe than gambling on survival like recent years. You win some you lose some. 

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

Fwiw, it was later reported their third and final offer was something like £6m, having started lower.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Fwiw, it was later reported their third and final offer was something like £6m, having started lower.

It was just reported again today in the Times it was £13m but we were looking for closer to £20m. People on here say it was as low as £2m so I just go with the journalists over the posters on here for the most part, although none of it is verified.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

It was just reported again today in the Times it was £13m but we were looking for closer to £20m. People on here say it was as low as £2m so I just go with the journalists over the posters on here for the most part, although none of it is verified.

Fair enough, hadn't seen that. But the figure I was quoting was either from Hope or the Athletic (or both) - I can't remember which. Came as a shock at the time, it's somewhere in this thread, a few days after the deal was officially off.

Bloody love Tripps. I was at the Villa game where he scored the freekick and we won 1-0. His presence and leadership that day was top class.

The first signing of the new ownership and symbolises the ambition of the club. He instantly raised levels in the team.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I still don't want him to go. He's worth his weight in gold just on leadership alone, nevermind how good we've seen him play 

Same. Not unless we're getting £10m+ anyway.

12 minutes ago, jack j said:

His instagram story suggests he might be off to Saudi like

Seems too coincidental to be a wind-up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave.

Hate to upset folk, but we need to be good sellers. Tripps has been brilliant for us, but he’s coming to the end of his career and it’s debatable if he is first choice anymore. Put simply he probably isn’t worth his wages and holding onto him too long is financial suicide. We might be operating a one in and one out transfer situation now. We can’t afford to be sentimental as a club if we want to compete, and we need to get the best money for players. The top clubs are ruthless when they need to be, if we want to ever get to that top table we need to sell our loved stars at the optimum time, as well as the has been waifs and strays.

Of course if you all agree, we could double season ticket prices and then keep the likes of Trippier and Miggy, but I guess we don’t love them that much. After all it’s much easier to spend someone else’s money than your own.

One of the best leaders and defenders that I’ve seen play for us in my 30+ years of following this mental club

Inspired calm, resilience and confidence in a side that was staring into a relegation abyss

He’s up there with the best signings in our history 

Edited by bobbydazzla

28 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Good sellers would've sold him in Jan.

Better sellers keep him in a squad down to its knees with injuries, and then sell him in the summer. 

His assists for a right back are 2nd to none. We could cash in for maybe 15 million but I think his assists and leadership are worth more than that. 

My only concern is Livramento should be starting every game as he is exceptional.