Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Feels like the first time in ages we've seen the first teamers getting needed match time with the reserves to get sharp. Did we not do that at all last 2 seasons? 

32 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Feels like the first time in ages we've seen the first teamers getting needed match time with the reserves to get sharp. Did we not do that at all last 2 seasons? 

Krafu played at least once last season when he was coming back from injury but can't remember any other occasions

37 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Bunce waving his magic wand?

I've just stuck it on, and in the first 3 minutes I've seen Thompson (our keeper) come out of the box to sweep more than I saw Dubravka all last season :lol:

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

I've just stuck it on, and in the first 3 minutes I've seen Thompson (our keeper) come out of the box to sweep more than I saw Dubravka all last season :lol:

Same, bit concerned they were the only times we touched the ball in the few minutes I had it on though 😅

On 15/08/2024 at 11:26, Wilson said:

When I done the tour with the bairn his name was the only one on his box, the rest were private/just numbers iirc. 

Apparently his names no longer on there, whether that means anything, who knows.

Yup, box has been repurposed to just ‘NUFC’ on the door. Although I think it was his family using it a lot previously, and guessing they’re not attending so much. 

8 minutes ago, PRL said:

Yup, box has been repurposed to just ‘NUFC’ on the door. Although I think it was his family using it a lot previously, and guessing they’re not attending so much. 

Well if it was his wife and kids then it’s not likely to be used much again.

Have to assume he’s on his way out and surely it all (including his form) stems back to that. 

More rumours today, as usual. Not that I believe rumours, and I'm not really against selling either, but we will then be left with Krafth as the only option if Livra gets injured? And Murphy I suppose.. Not ideal, but maybe that's how it has to be for this season. Might not end up being that much of an issue.

Edited by Erikse

Krafth is good to come on and to play in cup games etc. I wouldn’t want him starting for us against top opposition but he’s definitely capable of good games against top players, I just don’t think he’d be able to do it consistently if there was an injury to Tino and Tripps was gone 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Am I the only one who has confidence in Krafu? Think he is totally fine as a backup RB. Much like the rest of the people here under Bruce, he looks a different player under Howe. 

You’re not alone. He was a bit flakey after returning from his CL injury. This is to be expected. Decent back up. Better at RCB mind. 

13 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Am I the only one who has confidence in Krafu? Think he is totally fine as a backup RB. Much like the rest of the people here under Bruce, he looks a different player under Howe. 

He is fine at CB, but not great going forward at RB. It's fine as a backup solution, but there's also the fact that we would only have 2 players to cover it in the entire squad. Only one natural RB if you count Krafth as a natural CB. It's unlikely that we need more than 2 without Europe, but it's a bit risky. Krafth may also get injured, and then Livra is left to play every minute, with us praying that he won't pick one up himself.

PTSD from last season this, probably.:lol:

Edited by Erikse

14 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Would rather have him as a third choice RB/RCB but if we can get a decent fee for Trippier I guess I'm fine with it.

Nothing against Krath, and I missed both the matches - but when I opened the Krafth thread earlier it opened on the page during the Everton home match in April. Everyone was hard slagging him for being shit in that and in the West Ham match prior. Just re idea that he's always been good under Howe.

Edited by Superior Acuña

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Nothing against Krath, and I missed both the matches - but when I opened the Krafth thread earlier it opened on the page during the Everton home match in April. Everyone was hard slagging him for being shit in that and in the West Ham match prior. Just re idea that he's always been good under Howe.

Ha, same.

Signing a RCB who could, in an emergency, fill in at RB if needed is probably the easiest path to moving Trippier and not completely regretting it three months from now.

Just on wages alone we'd save over £5m this season by not having Trippier, so if he's not going to start every week it's the most sensible thing to do.