Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Just now, KaKa said:

You think he was told he'd be backup then?

Not necessarily, but he’s not daft. He’ll be able to see what’s coming.

I want him to stay and move into a backroom staff position when his contract ends, and take over from Howe in 2040 in order to extend our 13 years continuous league title run.

Nah. If there’s no fee then I don’t see a point letting him go. Had a rough spell last season but he was playing twice a week and had supposed personal issues happening at the time too. Still our best Rb, currently.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, SteV said:

Not necessarily, but he’s not daft. He’ll be able to see what’s coming.

Yeah, I guess.

At his age is it that bad transitioning to a squad role? 

Especially if the alternative is playing for Dyche, in that awful Everton team?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Nah. If there’s no fee then I don’t see a point letting him go. Had a rough spell this season but he was playing twice a week. Still our best Rb, currently.

He doesn't want to be here.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, I guess.

At his age is it that bad transitioning to a squad role? 

Especially if the alternative is playing for Dyche, in that awful Everton team?

Him and Dyche are proper tight though. Sure Dyche said something along the lines of him being his favourite ever player.

Been a brilliant signing in general but it felt like things went sour last season and it's felt like he's been determined to leave since.

Wouldn't let him go on loan though. Fee or he can suck it up.

Edited by ponsaelius

Aye he raved about Dyche on one of those podcasts. Near where he’s from, better chance of first team football, Pickford one of his best mates, fresh start after personal drama. All makes sense. Would prefer he wasn’t at Everton but best of luck to him, should always be appreciated here. Wish he’d lifted our first trophy. 

Uhhh!! I’ll be genuinely gutted if he goes. He’s basically that transformative signing that took us to the next level. He really grabbed us by the balls and forced us to be better as captain. 

Given his assist numbers when he still plays we’d be mad to let him go unless there was a solid fee. Unless he really wants to be away. 

All seems a shame, can’t be any sentiment but he’s the one signing who was transformational and started it all.  I hope if he leaves we get a fee