Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

perplexed by this. He was the best RB in the world for about 18 months, had a tricky month or so last season and ever since it's felt like he's not really been in it. His leadership just disappeared. Then he played for England at the Euros and looked himself again and was barking orders at everyone. Something must've gone on, like. 

I'll be sad when he leaves. Been so good for us. 

Just now, Upthemags said:

Feel like hes a poor match for Dycheball bit of a head scratcher

He's pretty much perfect for Dycheball

Crosses all day long

Just now, Yorkie said:

Thought of him turning out for Everton is bloody hideous. 

Makes no sense him leaving us to go there :jones:

1 minute ago, Smal said:

perplexed by this. He was the best RB in the world for about 18 months, had a tricky month or so last season and ever since it's felt like he's not really been in it. His leadership just disappeared. Then he played for England at the Euros and looked himself again and was barking orders at everyone. Something must've gone on, like. 

I'll be sad when he leaves. Been so good for us. 

When he was warming up on Saturday he was constantly helping out Tino to be fair from the touchline

8 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

He's hawked himself literally everywhere

Ornstein is a hell of a sub to bring off the bench!

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Definitely fucked up not selling him to Bayern in January mind.

Aye, can understand why we didn’t let him go but getting our money back on someone on his wage would have been great business. 

it comes back to being good sellers which we aren’t yet. 

I’ve honestly not got my head around and maybe won’t ever, the complete fall from being our visible leader on and off pitch to where this is likely end up.

Tbh I generally hate what's happened with the Trippier story. A true inspiration when he arrived, and even less than a year ago I'd have challenged you to find me a more effective RB in the world. Then his form nosedived followed by near constant speculation that he wanted to leave. It's a myth that he was useless in the second half of last season because he did sort himself out, but there's generally been a bit of a cloud above him for months. Going to the feral Goodison beasts would be the cherry on top. It's just a shame, really. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I wonder if this prompted the news yesterday that we would go for a RW even if Miggy stays ? That way Murphy could cover RB if needed.

Trippier was essentially providing the creativity down the right, and so makes a right winger more important without that luxury.