Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Hes good as gone mate

Ah well, sad news. Can only hope we get more than a paltry fee then. He was borderline world-class for us only a year ago and a proper leader on the pitch.

Him leaving does leave us short on quality back-ups to Tino. The problem is, for whatever reason, I have this blind-spot when it comes to Krafth. No matter how many good performances he puts in, I can’t shake the perception I have of him not being good enough to be in a CL-chasing Premier league squad, an injury away from the first team. Probably a bit unfair, I know.

Feel this is the right time to say goodbyes, his mind is elsewhere with his personal issues and has been ever since he pulled out of the England squad and he's not getting any younger, his performances at the Euros was average at best. 

Will go down as an immensely important player in our modern history. 

Obviously there'll be a lot of captain hindsights saying we should have took Bayern bid but can't get every decision perfect. 

Best of luck Tripps.

Just now, r0cafella said:

The thing about Saudi is they’ve been quiet again like in January. Maybe they’ve realised as soon as Ronaldo retires the league is totally irrelevant and given up?

Was more talking about the constant ITK chatter asserting he’d be off to the kingdom as soon as the window opened.

Turning down that Bayern bid was crackers. We'd be lucky to get £5m for him now. Considering he was our captain, something must have seriously pissed off Howe.

Just now, Rich said:

Was more talking about the constant ITK chatter asserting he’d be off to the kingdom as soon as the window opened.

Him and Wilson must have missed the flight.

10 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Aye he raved about Dyche on one of those podcasts. Near where he’s from, better chance of first team football, Pickford one of his best mates, fresh start after personal drama. All makes sense. Would prefer he wasn’t at Everton but best of luck to him, should always be appreciated here. Wish he’d lifted our first trophy. 

Fair enough then. That all makes sense.

Everton have to cough up some money though. We need every bit we can get.

It says he wants regular football. Obviously been told Tino is ahead of him for the foreseeable. We can’t be keeping a player as good as Tino back for another season because of a 34 year old Trippier who was questionable on more than a few occasions last season. Think we need to sign a new RB. Not much faith has been placed in Ashby so far so don’t know if they feel he can step up. Prob would be a good idea to sign a young replacement with room to grow ala Osula. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’ve honestly not got my head around and maybe won’t ever, the complete fall from being our visible leader on and off pitch to where this is likely end up.

Since "it" happened at the end of last year, he's looked like a man who thinks he's ruined his life, to be honest.

People saying we shouldn't have turned down the Bayern bid do remember how absolutely fucked our injury crisis was in December and January right? We'd have been mental to sell him at the time, and would have caused uproar if we did given the situation we where in :lol: 

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Ah well, sad news. Can only hope we get more than a paltry fee then. He was borderline world-class for us only a year ago and a proper leader on the pitch.

Him leaving does leave us short on quality back-ups to Tino. The problem is, for whatever reason, I have this blind-spot when it comes to Krafth. No matter how many good performances he puts in, I can’t shake the perception I have of him not being good enough to be in a CL-chasing Premier league squad, an injury away from the first team. Probably a bit unfair, I know.

Yeah, feel very uneasy about right back now. Particularly because Tino is one that will pick up some injuries.

We could do with more of a playmaker type for the right flank if we’re going all in on Tino, like. Let him handle the ball carrying and overlapping.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Since "it" happened at the end of last year, he's looked like a man who thinks he's ruined his life, to be honest.

I genuinely feel sad for him every time I see him. It’s so weird I feel this way. 

Just now, 54 said:

People saying we shouldn't have turned down the Bayern bid do remember how absolutely fucked our injury crisis was in December and January right? We'd have been mental to sell him at the time, and would have caused uproar if we did given the situation we where in :lol: 

Disagree on the uproar part, I think most were quite understanding of it being a good deal. Take your point about the injury situation mind.

11 minutes ago, Smal said:

had a tricky month or so last season and ever since it's felt like he's not really been in it. His leadership just disappeared.

I think this is more your perception of things than the actual reality. There's nothing to indicate that he isn't as much of a leader figure within the squad now as when he first joined.

Just now, Rich said:

We could do with more of a playmaker type for the right flank if we’re going all in on Tino, like. Let him handle the ball carrying and overlapping.

yep. My major issue in letting trips go and with tino starting is we lose a hell of a lot of our ball playing and chance creation 

Not surprised he wants out, and hopefully we don’t try and keep him. 

Great servant for what he’s giving, but it’s the right time to part our ways. He’s only going to get worse on pitch and let’s remember the good times rather than continued poor form which will happen.

How the fuck were we meant to sell him in Jan when we literally were 60% injured? Whatever we did or didn’t do in January is irrelevant, we finished 7th and would have had Europe if not for city giving away a cup final to the worst man united side in ages. 

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Agreed - no question he could still do a job for us and Tino's fitness has been a bit shaky. And seconded on Krafth, he's solid, but not much more than that imo

No way a loan should do. A sad end to his time here, I felt he would've retired here and moved into coaching with us.

Feels like a case of things in his personal life could be driving this more than anything else.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

From what I recall Tino had come in and was doing well and Krafth was back from injury.

I remember thinking we should sell as it just felt like the right time, as the money was good, and it would have been a fantastic club for him to join, especially with Kane there.

I think it's very simple to look back on Bayern interest in January and say "We should have sold him when we had the chance", but we were in the midst of a desperate injury crisis and had we cashed in on Tripps at that point with potentially no incomings, there'd have been uproar.

What a entirely sad way to end this is.

Echo the thoughts of others about him being a bit of a cult hero here. Whatever has happened outside of football has totally derailed that it seems.