Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

A real dad's army approach to Everton's right backs if they end up with Young,  Coleman and Trippier

They are so ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I genuinely feel sad for him every time I see him. It’s so weird I feel this way. 

Yeah, same. It's finishing in an incredibly sour way considering he can still be considered a club legend - in a pound for pound, time spent here kind of way, at least.

In better times, he spoke extensively on a couple of podcasts about how his wife had basically helped rescue his career in his 20s, supporting him with the move to London, keeping him away from bad influences and habits etc. So assuming it is what it is, there's honestly reason to be concerned about him.

Been probably our best ever RB. Kicked off the whole thing with being our first post-takeover signing. He's still good offensively but he's been declining defensively and that's only going one way. 

For whatever reason, I don't feel the attachment that other fans do. I understand his significance in our recent history but for me it all turned a bit sour somewhere along the line.

I've got massive respect for him as a player but I dunno, something ain't right.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

Yeah, same. It's finishing in an incredibly sour way considering he can still be considered a club legend - in a pound for pound, time spent here kind of way, at least.

In better times, he spoke extensively on a couple of podcasts about how his wife had basically helped rescue his career in his 20s, supporting him with the move to London, keeping him away from bad influences and habits etc. So assuming it is what it is, there's honestly reason to be concerned about him.

Probably shouldn't have stuck his dick elsewhere if the rumours are true then tbf

He has been tremendous for us. I mean, absolutely immense at times.

If he really wants to go, however, I think he's earnt the right to.

This might not be the right answer for club finances but I'm sick of thinking about those.

I'd be inclined to let him go with a nominal fee and with best wishes. Which is also why I should never run a football club, you may correctly argue.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

A loan just seems like such a nothing move for us. Yes, it'd save £4.5m or so in wages but are we then just going to be happy with Tino and Krafth as backup? 

More to this than meets the eye with various rumours around him. No point keeping someone around who's deperately unhappy no matter how professional they may try to be, their performances will suffer.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

Probably shouldn't have stuck his dick elsewhere if the rumours are true then tbf

Not disputing that - it's an utterly classic story of hubris.

Truly cannot be overstated how important his signing was at the time. Absolutely critical. That alone makes him a legend and unforgettable.

BUT.

His head does appear to be gone. His performances have waned. He's got obvious off the field issues that are deeply problematic for him and I wish him well in handling them. It is very much time to separate.

A sale would be ideal but a loan to get wages off the books wouldn't hurt. It's best for both partie that it happens now. It is a shame how it has ended but that should not change the incredible 18 months or so that transformed our club, and he was vital. 

Whatever's gone on between him and his wife that caused his return from the England camp last year has definitely been leading up to this. I don't suspect he's happy to be leaving, but perhaps he feels he needs to for his mental health.

If he's going though, as it stands, we've weakened in this window without significant reinforcements.

Did I read he wanted a Saudi move but it broke down? Surely of all teams, we are the team a move shouldn't breakdown with? 😂

Really hope we can get a fee for him, does us no well losing one of our better players on free /loan

Worth remembering that is legacy will only get more soured if he stays.

I can absolutely see him at Everton. He will get protection from Dyche (he knows Dyche well) and they absolutely love a set piece. He's also, presumably, closer to "home".

Edited by STM

4 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'd be inclined to let him go with a nominal fee and with best wishes. Which is also why I should never run a football club, you may correctly argue.

:lol: :thup: