Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

You’re losing his ball playing ability putting him at LB, he’s one of our most creative players. Trippier should still be our starting RB for me and I would put Livramento at LB. I’d also try Kelly and Schär in the middle for a bit.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

You’re losing his ball playing ability putting him at LB, he’s one of our most creative players. Trippier should still be our starting RB for me and I would put Livramento at LB. I’d also try Kelly and Schär in the middle for a bit.

That'd be my preferred back four with what's currently available, too. :thup:

At this point a Trippier - Schar - Kelly - Tino back 4 would be the best combination of ball playing abilities and pace we have in the back 4. 

I'd have Hall and Tino compete at LB with Trippier remaining first choice when 100% fit. If he needs a break, then it's Tino at RB and Hall in. And I'd continue to rotate Hall and Tino so they are both getting minutes and experience. 

The current players we have at our disposal would probably suit a 5-3-2 better than 4-3-3.

Replace our crap RWs with Tripps down that side.

Negate Hall's 1-1 weakness by having Kelly there as support

Gordon playing up top nearer to Isak, breaking the lines with his pace

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

I think Tino has looked at his very best for us as an inverted left-back. But that doesn't necessarily fit well with having an inverted left winger (Gordon or Barnes).

On 16/09/2024 at 16:38, Holmesy said:

The current players we have at our disposal would probably suit a 5-3-2 better than 4-3-3.

Replace our crap RWs with Tripps down that side.

Negate Hall's 1-1 weakness by having Kelly there as support

Gordon playing up top nearer to Isak, breaking the lines with his pace

Where does Barnes play?

I think Trippier is cooked. 

I've noticed it in most of his games now since last year. 

He used to play really aggressively and it made up for his lack of speed. 

Maybe because his legs have truly gone now or it's a mentality thing, but he backs off massively now to protect himself being in exposed but that has a knock on effect. 

It goes under the radar because of Popes error, but you can see on the 2nd goal, he is backing off Danny Simpson style and allowing too much space. 

It happened for a chance before then aswell. 

It's sad to see because he was so good for that period after he joined. Haven't even mentioned the absence of his attacking play anymore too.

I hope it's mentality and lack of form, but I suspect it's probably more physical and he's just not up to it anymore which has inturn destroyed his confidence. 

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I didn't want to bring it up, but thought his defending on goal #2 was absolutely terrible. 

It was but he was left in a fairly shite position by those not covering well ahead of him, felt like he was backing to try and bide some time for others to arrive. For some reason, Joelinton and Willock were within about 10 yards of one another miles away from where one of them should've been, and Bruno seemingly hadn't checked to cover that space either. Even if he had, he'd have been leaving a big gap in the middle, to be fair.

We've been incredibly passive loads this season. Never mind high pressing, we seem to be doing a lot of 'containing' even in deep areas without taking many risks to get the ball back.

20 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It was but he was left in a fairly shite position by those not covering well ahead of him, felt like he was backing to try and bide some time for others to arrive. For some reason, Joelinton and Willock were within about 10 yards of one another miles away from where one of them should've been, and Bruno seemingly hadn't checked to cover that space either. Even if he had, he'd have been leaving a big gap in the middle, to be fair.

We've been incredibly passive loads this season. Never mind high pressing, we seem to be doing a lot of 'containing' even in deep areas without taking many risks to get the ball back.

Yep.  The aggression and intensity has totally disappeared from our game for the most part.  Players getting bounced, not paying attention, looking lazy and a bit uninterested.  It was mentioned last season as something that had dropped off.  But I think there were mitigating factors a lot of the time and there were still games where we really went for it.  Even if we did gas and could only do it for a half or so due to the inability to rotate and rest players.  

I'm hoping it isn't a case of people putting 2 and 2 together with the Bunce appointment and our shift to an urecognisable side.  But it is certainly odd how weak and passive we have looked and the sudden shift to whatever it is we are trying to do now. 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/newcastle-united/kieran-trippier-newcastle-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-978086-20240924

It refers to an article in the Sun (apologies for that!) but I can't see him being "desperate" to leave.

He's always struck me as the consummate professional, especially as one of the so called leaders along with Cal, BDB and Bruno. 

5 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/newcastle-united/kieran-trippier-newcastle-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-978086-20240924

It refers to an article in the Sun (apologies for that!) but I can't see him being "desperate" to leave.

He's always struck me as the consummate professional, especially as one of the so called leaders along with Cal, BDB and Bruno. 

I think he might go to Saudi in January, It looks like his lass has fucked off so he might need some more cash in the future, he's packed in England now so its all set up for him really