Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think he might go to Saudi in January, It looks like his lass has fucked off so he might need some more cash in the future, he's packed in England now so its all set up for him really 

Good luck to him too. Get a nice fat pension fund while he still can. 

53 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/newcastle-united/kieran-trippier-newcastle-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-978086-20240924

It refers to an article in the Sun (apologies for that!) but I can't see him being "desperate" to leave.

He's always struck me as the consummate professional, especially as one of the so called leaders along with Cal, BDB and Bruno. 

By all accounts he's been trying to get out of here for a while. 

49 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think he might go to Saudi in January, It looks like his lass has fucked off

Is that definite? I'd heard that a month or 2 ago. But the ITK lad( can't remember username) said I was wrong

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Is that definite? I'd heard that a month or 2 ago. But the ITK lad( can't remember username) said I was wrong

His mrs has 100% left him, moved to Manchester with the kids.

Trippier still wants out, his saudi move died when Staveley left but he's up for going literally anywhere as long as its on a longer deal than he has now.

Just now, lovejoy said:

His mrs has 100% left him, moved to Manchester with the kids.

Trippier still wants out, his saudi move died when Staveley left but he's up for going literally anywhere as long as its on a longer deal than he has now.

Just waiting for @Shadow Puppets to come in and say the complete opposite.

3 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Just waiting for @Shadow Puppets to come in and say the complete opposite.

As i've said before, I don't know Trippier, I just know people who do but i also know people who know his mrs.

She is definitely living in Manchester (Hale i think but don't quote me on that) with the kids.

No idea what Shadow Puppets knows or doesn't tbh, but the above is a fact.

Edited by lovejoy

3 hours ago, Ben said:

I think he might go to Saudi in January, It looks like his lass has fucked off so he might need some more cash in the future, he's packed in England now so its all set up for him really 

I got told he was going there in the summer so I wouldn’t be surprised if it materialises! 

2 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

Not really given we were in the middle of an injury crisis and had one fit RB [emoji38]

We had Kfrath and Tino. 

After window closed, we got 6 games out of him before he was injured. Then when he came back he cost us against Man Utd :D 

Wasn’t even hindsight for me, was a deal on table for someone who’s aging and a fee that was likely not going to be there again. 

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

We had Kfrath and Tino. 

After window closed, we got 6 games out of him before he was injured. Then when he came back he cost us against Man Utd :D 

Wasn’t even hindsight for me, was a deal on table for someone who’s aging and a fee that was likely not going to be there again. 

Yep. IIRC the injuries weren't even used as a reason we couldn't sell him, it was decided he was too important in our push for Europe. Which is fair enough, we thought it was worth gambling the £13m loss of income, but ultimately it backfired. He's still looking to leave and now we won't get anywhere near that.

19 minutes ago, Erikse said:

There was several people who argued that it seemed fine to sell him back then, so not really hindsight, no. But we don't know what Bayern actually offered either tbh.

Most said it was nowhere near the £12m being thrown about. I think the first bid was something like £3m.

Edit: The first bid was actually to take him on loan. Shithouses.

Edited by Nucasol

6 hours ago, lovejoy said:

As i've said before, I don't know Trippier, I just know people who do but i also know people who know his mrs.

She is definitely living in Manchester (Hale i think but don't quote me on that) with the kids.

No idea what Shadow Puppets knows or doesn't tbh, but the above is a fact.

The kids go to school in Cheadle Hulme now.