Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, I think we can all agree that Tino’s career’s probably done at this point. Time to find a new RB, anyone heard of a lad called Frimpong?

Dont think anyone said that. Did have a few niggles last season.

6 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Dont think anyone said that. Did have a few niggles last season.

He came back from an ACL and managed the load extremely well. He got like an ankle niggle but he didn’t actually have any knee issues did he? Which is the main concern. There’s nothing to suggest he’s some kind of sick note 

Edited by gbandit

1 hour ago, Deuce said:

He’d probably just live in Dubai.

100% - remember when he went over there to 'train'.................!

I got told about this in December - apparently was going to go in January but seen what happened to Henderson and didn't want to lose his Euro place!

I'll always be grateful to him as he was the catalyst for our transformation and he's by far the best RB I've seen at NUFC!

If you’ve got the money, drink is as easy to get in KSA as weed is in the UK.

edit: he could also stay in the diplomatic quarters in Riyadh which serve booze too. Alcohol will soon be legal in KSA anyway, I reckon.

Edited by McCormick

Just checked in for a flight to Dubai in front of my friend at Newcastle airport. She asked if he was leaving, said he was off for some warm weather training.

Aye, he's away. 

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

Just checked in for a flight to Dubai in front of my friend at Newcastle airport. She asked if he was leaving, said he was off for some warm weather training.

Aye, he's away. 

It’s probably warm in Japan like

2 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Aye, he's away. 

While all the other lads are either training or on way to Japan?

It wouldn't bother me now at this point of Tripps left. He'll always be well thought of by Newcastle fans but he's 34 in September and has looked totally off it since before Christmas. Tino has looked fantastic and I think now the time is right for him to make the RB spot his own. In an ideal world I'd keep Trippier and start to train him up as a coach to stay on after retirement, but I can't see him being happy as a backup. 

37 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Aye, he's away. 

This is top closed season content! Was he on his own? 

1 hour ago, Magpie said:

Aye, he's away. 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Could also be that the England lads got an extended break for reaching final. 

Has Gordon reported back to training yet?

Thought the international lads got extra time off and were joining the squad in Japan.