Sven Botman

The Prophet

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

It used to be the depression and anxiety thread until the takeover. 

To be honest, the board had dwindled down to a lot of things infrequent posting and just die-hards pre-takeover. Was a dark time in the history of the forum 

8 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Are you guys confident on getting Paqueta?

If the deal is available at the right price I think we’d definitely do it. We seem to have our more pragmatic targets which we negotiate hard for but if a like Bruno a blue chip player is available and willing to join, we will snap him up. 

Most of the Pacqueta hype is due to him being Bruno’s mate and has come to watch and visit him a number of times. If we wanted him and were prepared to pay the money don’t think it would be a difficult sell.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The most agonising parts of clicking this thread now rumours are gathering pace is that:

1. You hope every new post is someone positing a twitter link to a credible source confirming it

2. That 1-2 seconds it takes for the tweet to load. 

Ignoring everyone's comments and just scrolling down looking for that blank space where a twitter link will load...

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

If the deal is available at the right price I think we’d definitely do it. We seem to have our more pragmatic targets which we negotiate hard for but if a like Bruno a blue chip player is available and willing to join, we will snap him up. 

Most of the Pacqueta hype is due to him being Bruno’s mate and has come to watch and visit him a number of times. If we wanted him and were prepared to pay the money don’t think it would be a difficult sell.

It's definitely one for next January or summer.

I imagine we will have a late go for him or one of the ambitious targets that we are priced out of at the moment if there hasn't been converted interest from elsewhere close to end of window in case we can get substantially cheaper. I understand the club feel clubs are adding 20m or so to price tags right now cos it's us and we're rich...

3 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Oh, so an overrated CB who never won anything of note at club level? Aim higher.

Did matterazzi not win the CL?

I see he did and played in the final. :lol:

When was the last time AC won the CL? 15 year ago? :razz:

Edited by STM

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The most agonising parts of clicking this thread now rumours are gathering pace is that:

1. You hope every new post is someone positing a twitter link to a credible source confirming it

2. That 1-2 seconds it takes for the tweet to load. 

You want a reliable source then I'll give you a reliable source! 

:p

Just now, Milanista said:

Oh, so an overrated CB who never won anything of note at club level? Aim higher.

didn’t he win multiple titles a champions league and a World Cup?

Where’s does Maldini keep his World Cup medal…oh wait.

Sorry man, it’s Friday and it’s been a long week :lol: :Jonny2J:

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

You want a reliable source then I'll give you a reliable source! 

:p

Texting himself (laughs)

8 minutes ago, Milanista said:

Are you guys confident on getting Paqueta?

I’m not entirely sure he’s a priority of the club, I think he’d come to be with his best friend, but aside from that there’s no major interest, I’m not sure if we’ve even scouted him. But he’s quite obviously a very good player..

They wanted Botman and have missed out on some solid alternatives while they waited this out, if it somehow happens, it’ll be a major coup given the level of the clubs competing for his signature.

We’ll see what happens with the young French lad, but wouldn’t be surprised if they are playing the same game of chicken with this one.