Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It was Edwards who broke the Pope story 

I wish someone would break his keyboard the fucking absolute bald headed cunt whopper!

9 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I’m not claiming he’s an all time great I just have a soft spot for a proper shithouse :lol: 

I love Cannavaro mainly due to the 2006 World Cup he was unreal. That break out of defence for Del Peiros goal vs Germany always stick in my memory.

I prefer elegant defending, and Italy did far better in that tournament when Materazzi was on the bench and Nesta playing together with Cannavaro. Materazzi gave up the penalty for Zidane, to begin with.

The last time there was an Inter defender that had a style that would suit Milan, would be Zanetti. But we had Cafu, so why downgrade at RB?

It's a travesty that Italy won't be in the next world cup. I actually celebrated Del Piero's goal in London!

Guest HTT II
Just now, Milanista said:

I prefer elegant defending, and Italy did far better in that tournament when Materazzi was on the bench and Nesta playing together with Cannavaro. Materazzi gave up the penalty for Zidane, to begin with.

The last time there was an Inter defender that had a style that would suit Milan, would be Zanetti. But we had Cafu, so why downgrade at RB?

It's a travesty that Italy won't be in the next world cup. I actually celebrated Del Piero's goal in London!

Materazzi was just a thug, he could defend in that he could head the ball and be physical, but I always regarded Italy’s best defenders as being able to do all that, but be class on the ball, and he certainly wasn’t. And TIL he played for Everton, fucking hell, where have I been. I Imagine if he was playing for your club though, you’d love him. He’s that ‘type’ of player!

If it happens then he's going to be another rock in the XI for the foreseeable. He's been identified early, chased and hopefully signed in the next few days, got complete faith in the people making the deal and the fact the likes of Milan have gone conkers deep in trying to get him only encourages me even more. 

Under no illusions that he's signed because of the huge cash advantage we seem to have over a lot of teams, I'm not totally comfortable with it tbh but if this is the way it has to be then so be it. 

Potentially an absolutely huge signing. Him, Burn, Trippier and Targett is an immense back line, so excited to see them all line up together from the off.

Also Pope, Botman, Bruno (and Wilson) provide a great spine to the team, so bring on the attacking signings and we'll be a real force

Edited by Willow

5 minutes ago, Milanista said:

You gonna stick around? You're a good poster, it would be nice to have another non-NUFC fan around.

Guest HTT II

My worry is we lack serious pace at the back, we need to play higher up the pitch to squeeze the opposition and to push teams back. I don’t want us playing deep anymore and looking to bypass the midfield or get sucker punched by the press of the opposition because we are too deep.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Kid Icarus said:

You gonna stick around? You're a good poster, it would be nice to have another non-NUFC fan around.

Aye the Milan boys have been a great addition to the forum!