Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Just now, HTT II said:

Yous have been blessed with so many great players all over the park, but it shows the strength of the art of defending in Italy that some of your greats are defenders. 

I still think we are producing top defensive talent. The worry is that Italy is not producing any attacking talent. No one. Our midfielders are still world-class, as are our defenders, but my Lord, our attack has been beyond poor.

Balotelli was the last world-class talent we had. Maybe El Shaarawy for 8 months, if you're being kind, but honestly, the fact our two best attacking talents are Zaniolo and Chiesa, both having ACL injuries, it is just terrifying how little we produce in one position, when we our talent is still clear in every other area of the pitch.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

KaKa, my good man. What do you make of comments like these?

I've no doubt he preferred AC to us, but surely if loathed the idea of signing for us then he can reject the move and stay at Lille? 

Sounds like sour grapes to me, if this fella is an Italian journo

My God that is pitiful :lol:

We only just agreed a fee with Lille, which was always the sticking point.

No idea who that guy is or what he's on, but he's so rattled it's ridiculous.

Funny how so many people think that once you're in the Champions League everyone will fall at your feet. It never really just comes down to that alone though. He's young enough to make that kind of move down the line if he doesn't achieve it with us first. In the meantime the Premier League is a massive pull and the chance to be a marquee signing for a team on the up is a big draw in itself. Also think the Prem has a big history with Dutch players past and present and so that will always play a part also.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My God that is pitiful :lol:

We only just agreed a fee with Lille, which was always the sticking point.

No idea who that guy is or what he's on, but he's so rattled it's ridiculous.

Funny how so many people think that once you're in the Champions League everyone will fall at your feet. It never really just comes down to that alone though. He's young enough to make that kind of move down the line if he doesn't achieve it with us first. In the meantime the Premier League is a massive pull and the chance to be a marquee signing for a team on the up is a big draw in itself. Also think the Prem has a big history with Dutch players past and present and so that will always play a part also.

It’s not a real tweet 😂

12 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

KaKa, my good man. What do you make of comments like these?

I've no doubt he preferred AC to us, but surely if loathed the idea of signing for us then he can reject the move and stay at Lille? 

Sounds like sour grapes to me, if this fella is an Italian journo

That is proper embarrassing stuff tbh. No one would blame the lad for dreaming of playing for Milan, but he always seemed genuinely interested in coming here as well. as has been proven.

I guess I'll just wipe my tears with my league title from the summer.

I also think many of you overestimate the level of "bitterness" among Milan fans. Most of them were quite skeptical of Botman and preferred giving the starting shirt to Kalulu.

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

I still think we are producing top defensive talent. The worry is that Italy is not producing any attacking talent. No one. Our midfielders are still world-class, as are our defenders, but my Lord, our attack has been beyond poor.

Balotelli was the last world-class talent we had. Maybe El Shaarawy for 8 months, if you're being kind, but honestly, the fact our two best attacking talents are Zaniolo and Chiesa, both having ACL injuries, it is just terrifying how little we produce in one position, when we our talent is still clear in every other area of the pitch.

Scammacca, Berardi, Pellegri and Raspadori all seem decent enough (if not genuinely elite level) for the forward positions? 

He's been our number one target since December, so it'll be an absolutely massive statement to get this one over the line.

He's genuinely not the fastest, but he more than makes up for it with an excellent reading of the game. He's really tidy on the ball too.

2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

I also think many of you overestimate the level of "bitterness" among Milan fans. Most of them were quite skeptical of Botman and preferred giving the starting shirt to Kalulu.

You need to let us have this one. We can probably count on one hand how many top quality players have pulled on a Newcastle shirt in the last 15 years, whereas a Milan fan would lose count looking through their sides :lol:

3 minutes ago, Milanista said:

That does sound just a touch bitter mind. :lol:

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, Milanista said:

I’ve always thought, and I could be wrong, despite Pirlo being amazing, that’s one area - midfield - Italy haven’t produced anywhere near enough quality compared to the defenders and forwards and I think that may be because, especially in the last two decades, the game is so fast and frenetic where as in Italy it’s slower and more technical. In England we have technical players now who play at a high tempo and at a fast pace. Having said that, it didn’t do us a whole lot of good in the Euro final against Italy…

I’ve always loved Italian football, the tactical side of it, the pioneering side of it like AC developing mental health and player psychological studies and the whole coaches coaching DNA element. Nutrition and diet, exercise, training camps which I believe the Italians pioneered. I’ve said on here many a time, Italian managers are likely to succeed the most in England and elsewhere, or even non Italians who have played in Italy.

There have been more Italian managers and former non Italian players who have played in Italy turned manager to have won more trophies here in our own game since the start of the PL than English or British managers. It’s staggering. 

There is talk of a football tournament next year in Italy for my son’s team, he’s currently 8 I do hope it happens. 

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Manxst said:

Scammacca, Berardi, Pellegri and Raspadori all seem decent enough (if not genuinely elite level) for the forward positions? 

Scammacca is the only one in that list who has elite potential. Pellegrini is an attacking CM, we play him as our LW because of how bad our attacking talent is, he's ideally a CAM in a 4231, where he's excellent. If you're talking about Pellegri, the young striker, then yes, he has potential, but he hurts himself getting out of bed. If Zaniolo and Chiesa didn't get hurt, Italy would be in the World Cup and I'd be very bullish about our chances. Zaniolo since getting injured has been poor. Chiesa is my favorite Italian attacker, but he's on a long road of recovery after his ACL injury.

Berardi is slow, ponderous on the ball, the type of player who has amassed stats that people cite without watching him play. He's stuck at Sassuolo for a reason: no big club wants him. Milan need a RW, and we're not interested.

Raspadori is like Di Natale--he's a Jermaine Defoe level player, but not someone who should be leading your line.

I mean, when you look at our keepers, defenders, or midfielders, who in our attack is at Donnaruma, Bastoni, Spinazola, Verratti, Barella, Tonali level? No one, unfortunately.

Italy's lack of attacking talent is the biggest issue.

5 minutes ago, Milanista said:

The fans maybe, but the way some of the press have been going on has been nauseating tbf

6 minutes ago, Milanista said:

You guys will be fine man. I've seen you're being linked with Arthur Theate from Bologna as a young left-footed centre back alternative. I like his potential a lot, think he's a really good option.

As you said also, you already have Fikayo and Kalulu too, and so you're in great shape. It's probably why you weren't really pushing that hard with Lille to agree a fee.

There are plenty of defenders to go round, i dunno if you miss out on a player a competant club looks for more, this narrative of victory in transfer is kinda mad. If he had stuck to his guns to join a club that just won serie a and is in champions league would be mad and insular to think that unreasonable lol. Milan shouldnt have  a problem finding a player of similar or better quality lol

Guest HTT II

If he does sign it shows:

Massive statement

That we can compete for top young talent against elite European teams

That money talks (which is a given)

That we are prepared to try and get what we want and will pay what is needed

That we will be a force to be reckoned with

That within a few years we will be up there with the likes of AC Milan in European competition competing for the same trophies

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

There are plenty of defenders to go round, i dunno if you miss out on a player a competant club looks for more, this narrative of victory in transfer is kinda mad. If he had stuck to his guns to join a club that just won serie a and is in champions league would be mad and insular to think that unreasonable lol. Milan shouldnt have  a problem finding a player of similar or better quality lol

Maldini wanted him.....they divvint grow on trees man

Just now, HTT II said:

If he does sign it shows:

Massive statement

That we can compete for top young talent against elite European teams

That money talks (which is a given)

That we are prepared to try and get what we want and will pay what is needed

That we will be a force to be reckoned with

That within a few years we will be up there with the likes of AC Milan in European competition competing for the same trophies

Says a lot of the management/ ownership /transfer team too in not walking away and holding their nerve/calling Milan or Lille or agents bluff.