Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Just now, Dinho lad said:

I hope he genuinely wants to be here. 

Um ... we've only just agreed a fee, and everything looks to be progressing quickly from there.

Pretty certain he was happy to join either club, and it was down to who found an agreement with Lille first.

Just now, KaKa said:

It's not even like they had a bid accepted and we came in and gazumped them. They were just there making a bunch of noise.

It took us ages to agree a fee, because we weren't throwing money around ourselves, and were intent on paying a reasonable fee, which I think we did.

Really happy with our approach to the signing.

Don’t know how the actual Milan employees felt about it all, but their media certainly

made dicks of themselves. Attitude all about being so better than us was shitty.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Manxst said:

Don’t know how the actual Milan employees felt about it all, but their media certainly

made dicks of themselves. Attitude all about being so better than us was shitty.

We need to stop being so sensitive, it’s AC fucking Milan, the Italian press have always been arrogant regardless of club. Not as much as the British press mind… 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The whole thing has been weird at their end, because they never had the money. We never actually had to beat them to anything.

We're hardly paying a crazy price either, considering his age, experience and pedigree.

KaKa, my good man. What do you make of comments like these?

I've no doubt he preferred AC to us, but surely if loathed the idea of signing for us then he can reject the move and stay at Lille? 

Sounds like sour grapes to me, if this fella is an Italian journo

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Because we played deep and hit them on the break which I don’t mind, but we have struggled for goals and possession and that’s because we play so deep. That needs to change which I’m sure it will, but we need pace at the back to play higher up, that’s common sense.

Sure there was a post in the Pope thread that he was one of the best statistically at coming out and sweeping up. Maybe that’s the plan? Still play a high line but use Pope to sweep up rather than just relying on raw pace?

Just now, Manxst said:

Seemed Milan were hoping Botman would refuse to go elsewhere and force Lille to bring down their valuation of him (which I don't think they were ever going to do) so Milan could get him. Never happened though.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

KaKa, my good man. What do you make of comments like these?

I've no doubt he preferred AC to us, but surely if loathed the idea of signing for us then he can reject the move and stay at Lille? 

Sounds like sour grapes to me, if this fella is an Italian journo

Fucking hell [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Materazzi was just a thug, he could defend in that he could head the ball and be physical, but I always regarded Italy’s best defenders as being able to do all that, but be class on the ball, and he certainly wasn’t. And TIL he played for Everton, fucking hell, where have I been. I Imagine if he was playing for your club though, you’d love him. He’s that ‘type’ of player!

When you grew up with Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, and Nesta... we've never really had defenders like him, who were "hardmen." I mean, Tassotti might be the closest to that or actually Stam, but he was only at Milan briefly. Panucci, Cafu, Thiago Silva, Galli, Oddo, Jankulovski, Tomori, Kalulu now... we don't really employ hardmen. Plus, so many of Materazzi's redcards hurt his team. There's no need.

Gattuso I felt was more honest about his tackles, but he seldom got reds. I don't think he was cheap. Walter Samuel, hard defender, tough, but not elegant, I can respect him, even if he played for the ugly half of Milan. Materazzi though? I'll pass.

Guest HTT II

Can we all agree, the media, journos and these Twitter accounts are generally all gobshites, know fuck all and get most things wrong? Regardless of what country/club. The quicker people realise this the less they get more air to breath and die off and we can go back to just discussing footy the proper old school  way which our AC marras have been a welcome addition to that kind of discourse. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Milanista said:

When you grew up with Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, and Nesta... we've never really had defenders like him, who were "hardmen." I mean, Tassotti might be the closest to that or actually Stam, but he was only at Milan briefly. Panucci, Cafu, Thiago Silva, Galli, Oddo, Jankulovski, Tomori, Kalulu now... we don't really employ hardmen. Plus, so many of Materazzi's redcards hurt his team. There's no need.

Gattuso I felt was more honest about his tackles, but he seldom got reds. I don't think he was cheap. Walter Samuel, hard defender, tough, but not elegant, I can respect him, even if he played for the ugly half of Milan. Materazzi though? I'll pass.

Yous have been blessed with so many great players all over the park, but it shows the strength of the art of defending in Italy that some of your greats are defenders.