Sven Botman

The Prophet

It is so nice to watch us and not be worried when an attacker is one on one against him. His passing is lovely as well, that quick free kick he pinged out to the right last night was brilliant, ref stopped the game like [emoji38]

Edited by Dr Venkman

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Who do we think is the better pound for pound signing. Him or Bruno?

Botman for me, it wouldnt matter how good bruno  is if we are leaking loads of goals, sort of like when we had cabaye

13 hours ago, madras said:

I've one worry about him, say for example one day we concede and get beat.......How's he going to handle it ?

I think Papa Eddie and Uncle Jason, need to take him aside and have the, errrhmm, facts of life chat. 
EH: “So, Sven. When two teams, who both love each other…

JT:” Love to win, boss. Both love to win.”

EH: “Yes, love to win.”

SB: “Thee other love to win also?” He says with a perplexed look. 
EH: “Yes, Sven! That’s great…”

JT: “He’s such a bright lad, isn’t he ah? Our Svenny!” Beaming a blinding grin, JT moves to pat the young Dutchman on the head, but thinks twice of it. 
EH: “Sometimes the other…

JT: “Thee other, boss.” He says with a thumbs-up and an encouraging nod towards SB. 
EH: “Yes, Sven. THEE other team, well, they also love to win.” His core humanity brimming in to tears in his eyes. EH lets the monumental life truth sink in for his young protégé. There’s a, seemingly longer, twenty second DOES NOT COMPUTE look in the young man’s unfocused eyes. 
SB: “I see… .” He stands and walks towards the door, seemingly burdened by the weight of a newfound bitter truth. Before turning to the contemplative EH and wide-eyed and anxious JT. And then with a guttural growl announces: “But we will not let them, boss. They shall not win.” 
JT: “Good lad, Svenny. That’s right, that’s right, isn’t it boss?”

EH nods. Silently watching the young colossus walk away before sending a tea lady arse over tit, when she tries to steer her trolley past him in the hall. 

Over time I assume he will become even more assertive and confident on the ball (like Schar is right now) as sometimes I feel he can get a tad bit timid. I assume as he grows in age, experience and confidence he’ll carry it more because he’s more than capable of it. 

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Over time I assume he will become even more assertive and confident on the ball (like Schar is right now) as sometimes I feel he can get a tad bit timid. I assume as he grows in age, experience and confidence he’ll carry it more because he’s more than capable of it. 

Thought he was better than Schar on the ball last night. Schär lost quite a bit of possession by misplacing passes. 

23 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Thought he was better than Schar on the ball last night. Schär lost quite a bit of possession by misplacing passes. 

Schar was taking risks with the through ball. We needed to do more of that, to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Schar was taking risks with the through ball. We needed to do more of that, to be honest. 

Fair enough point tbh. Unfortunately this time it meant more often than not that we conceded possession and Arsenal could continue to attack us straight after we’ve won it. Wasn’t just Schärs Daily though as some of the players on the receiving end didn’t always manage to meet the ball properly either. 

Sven did make some lovely diagonal crosses but not too many through balls. 

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Fair enough point tbh. Unfortunately this time it meant more often than not that we conceded possession and Arsenal could continue to attack us straight after we’ve won it. Wasn’t just Schärs Daily though as some of the players on the receiving end didn’t always manage to meet the ball properly either. 

Sven did make some lovely diagonal crosses but not too many through balls. 

Schär misplaced two more passes than Botman all night, in fairness. They only attempted 26 each in total.

nobody looked like they could reliably make a 10 yard pass last night. It was quite frustrating because there were opportunities for the counter. Wilson wasn't holding it well either which was unusual. 

6 minutes ago, Smal said:

nobody looked like they could reliably make a 10 yard pass last night. It was quite frustrating because there were opportunities for the counter. Wilson wasn't holding it well either which was unusual. 

A lot of it was down to how well Arsenal smothered him/us I think to be fair, they didnt give us a second. 

Hard for us to build long counter attacks without Max and the whole team moving up. Much more effective when we’re pushed up higher, won the ball and begin suffocating the defense with our ball play.