Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

38 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Dat ambition 

Come on man , if we don’t improve we go backwards 

Everyone will look to make a few decent signings , 

Don’t get complacent our squad is very weak in terms of strength and depth 

We need at least 4-5 players to try and achieve 8th / 7th that has to be our aim 

I still think we over achieved following Eddie Howes appointment.

Teams will be more organised against us this season 

100% it makes mpre financial sense to improve as quick as we can. If we get playee about move onto target no2. Buying nobody doesn't just hold us back, it keaves us in a situation where we would need to improve even more in a years time due to the age of the squad.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

100% it makes mpre financial sense to improve as quick as we can. If we get playee about move onto target no2. Buying nobody doesn't just hold us back, it keaves us in a situation where we would need to improve even more in a years time due to the age of the squad.

Agreed 

also if we don’t improve enough , let’s say we finish 10th /9th quite comfortably 

We will still have difficulty trying to attract the players we need to try and get into Europe / top 7/6.

Also as mentioned above , players like trippier and Bruno will be starting to think what have I signed up for.

I don’t think anyone is expecting crazy amounts of money and multiple megastar signings but they if the owners keep saying we want to win trophies , you need to improve quite alot !!

The teams that get into finals are nearly always Man City / Liverpool / Chelsea etc so it’s not a forgone conclusion we can pick up any sort of domestic trophy despite what the owners say.

Having said all of the above , I am still not panicked and believe the owners have ambition and will always look to strengthen 

Sometimes (not always) we might have to push the boat out a little further if it’s a target we really want.

The issue we have is that Ashley dismantled the club and we have to build from the bottom up (not just first team players)

it’s a tough job restructuring everything hence why I believe things are moving a little slower.

In a few years we will have a massive network of scouts / negotiators / etc and I think we will see us buying able to move at a quicker pace. 

Even though the window has just opened a lot of clubs will have started months ago in preparation , we were still trying to fight off relegation and secure Ashworth.

I think it just means we've offered 10m on the transfer fee, so it's just badly phrased.

And might not be true.

From Lille's point of view, they are in no hurry to sell, and would no doubt love some sort of bidding war by dragging this out.

Get Milan to match our offer? Great, then we'll probably increase ours.

Play it out all over the media? Great, maybe someone else will join the auction.

Might be time for me to check out on updates on this one till nearer the end of the window.

We need to offer this guy a take it or leave it deadline so we can move on. Sick of this dragging on now. Clubs are making signings left right and centre and we’re messing about waiting for this lad and this Hugo kid to make their minds up. 

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

We need to offer this guy a take it or leave it deadline so we can move on. Sick of this dragging on now. Clubs are making signings left right and centre and we’re messing about waiting for this lad and this Hugo kid to make their minds up. 

But LuKe EdWaRdS said we had already 

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

I've seen this take a couple of times  but the players preference is totally irrelevant until either us or Milan agree a fee with Lille.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Dat ambition 

Come on man , if we don’t improve we go backwards 

Everyone will look to make a few decent signings , 

Don’t get complacent our squad is very weak in terms of strength and depth 

We need at least 4-5 players to try and achieve 8th / 7th that has to be our aim 

I still think we over achieved following Eddie Howes appointment.

Teams will be more organised against us this season 

Absolutely. You are spot on in your following post as well, players like Trippier and Bruno didn't come here to work our way up from 11th to 9th next season. We need an injection of genuine quality in at least three key areas of the pitch, and you would expect this summer's activity to be a level up on January's which was emergency mode.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Absolutely. You are spot on in your following post as well, players like Trippier and Bruno didn't come here to work our way up from 11th to 9th next season. We need an injection of genuine quality in at least three key areas of the pitch, and you would expect this summer's activity to be a level up on January's which was emergency mode.

We've got no idea what Bruno and Trippier were promised, but going on Trippier's interview where he made it sternly clear that Patience is key, I'm not concerned in that respect.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

We've got no idea what Bruno and Trippier were promised, but going on Trippier's interview where he made it sternly clear that Patience is key, I'm not concerned in that respect.

Going by Bruno’s interview and his agents they have made it clear they want to push for European football. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Going by Bruno’s interview and his agents they have made it clear they want to push for European football. 

Yep. And Trippier is 31, he might not expect to be challenging for CL this season, but he'll want to be part of a side that is on it's way in the next couple of years, and that would mean challenging for a European spot at least. It's just common sense even if we don't see any direct quotes.

Just now, TRon said:

Yep. And Trippier is 31, he might not expect to be challenging for CL this season, but he'll want to be part of a side that is on it's way in the next couple of years, and that would mean challenging for a European spot at least. It's just common sense even if we don't see any direct quotes.

"Patience is key" is a direct quote, like.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

And the mantra "Patience is key" contradicts that how?

Im not on about that, you said we don’t know what Bruno was promised, but his and his agents comments certainly give an insight.

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

"Patience is key" is a direct quote, like.

I don't think that means he'll want to wait until he's retired. Like I said, it's just common sense he'll want us to be challenging for the spots below the CL in the coming season, maybe a shot at the UEFA cup competition.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I don't think that means he'll want to wait until he's retired. Like I said, it's just common sense he'll want us to be challenging for the spots below the CL in the coming season, maybe a shot at the UEFA cup competition.

Neither do I, but I think he's got another 3 years [at least] on the pitch and he'll be here long after his playing career is over.