Diego Carlos

Nobody

45 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Have to say, if I’m Sevilla I probably wouldn’t turn my nose up at a generous offer for a 28-year old CB who’s only recently started playing at a fairly high level. I don’t think they’re likely to get anywhere near his release clause in a transfer fee.

If their season was over I'd definitely agree, but if you're competing for the title and still in the Champions  Europa League, I think it's reasonable that a tax for those things is added. I'm trying to think of it like when we came 5th and were pushing for the CL. If bottom of Ligue 1 Monaco had come along in January and were sniffing around one of the main players that got us there, as a fan I either wouldn't want to sell or I'd want an astronomical fee for us to give up on that. Even Ashley would hold out for the absolute maximum.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I'll be surprised if we don't throw everything at avoiding relegation over the next couple of weeks, there's still 12 days before the window closes. We'll move on to lesser targets if Sevilla refuse to budge, but I think there's a limit to what we'll pay for a 28 year old CB, and I think Sevilla are just pushing for the best price possible.

Yep.  The current press is a confused picture - if we’re arguing over a few million, then we may be playing with risk / reward too much; if Sevilla is asking for double-money, then that’s ridiculous- we’re best moving on to the next target

What worries me is if we’re fixating on players for too long who are going to be too difficult to sign.  Pretty much any centre half in the Spanish, English or Italian top flight will be better than our current rabble.  

18 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Yep.  The current press is a confused picture - if we’re arguing over a few million, then we may be playing with risk / reward too much; if Sevilla is asking for double-money, then that’s ridiculous- we’re best moving on to the next target

What worries me is if we’re fixating on players for too long who are going to be too difficult to sign.  Pretty much any centre half in the Spanish, English or Italian top flight will be better than our current rabble.  

I think we'll either come to an agreement over the next 24hrs over Carlos or move on tbh. He's going to be 29 in March, if Sevilla think they will get £42m from anyone else they are deluded. They are getting a good offer from us, if they don't want to sell and are happy to keep operating in the red, well they know how to run clubs in Spain better than we do. Maybe losing money year in year out works out ok over there. 

29 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Agree terms with the player and let the player and his agent put pressure on his club.  The available pool of players and time are shrinking.  We knew this window was going to be very difficult.  It may come down to late window loans.

It may come down to the Phil Jone's and Ramsey's of the world too.  We can't have any expectations, really.

Totally agree. Tell the players agent we are moving onto other targets if this isn't done by Friday (3pm?).  Let the agent tell the player how many goals to give away in tonight's game. Wait for Seville to agree to £30m. Downgrade the offer to £20m. Buy the German / French and Dutch boys.

34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

If their season was over I'd definitely agree, but if you're competing for the title and still in the Champions League, I think it's reasonable that a tax for those things is added. I'm trying to think of it like when we came 5th and were pushing for the CL. If bottom of Ligue 1 Monaco had come along in January and were sniffing around one of the main players that got us there, as a fan I either wouldn't want to sell or I'd want an astronomical fee for us to give up on that. Even Ashley would hold out for the absolute maximum.

I thought they were out of the champions league and into the europa, could be wrong like but I thought I heard their finances had been hit by that.

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

I thought they were out of the champions league and into the europa, could be wrong like but I thought I heard their finances had been hit by that.

Yeah you're right, getting mixed up with Lille. Still in the Europa and fighting for the title though.

5 minutes ago, 1964 said:

We have one of the Best balance in La Liga, this Last year was tough, but for everybody cause pandemic, but we are still in a good economic situation and, for sure, Kounde is flying to PL for €60m in summer, wich cover any urgent debt. 

Probably this - https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2022/01/19/newcastle-filtra-acuerdo-diego-carlos/376501.html

Six months later, the same tiresome story told daily by the British tabloids in the last summer transfer market is repeated on account of Chelsea FC's interest in a Jules Koundé with whom it reached an economic agreement and who in the Premier League were already signed by the 'Blues'. Now, the second installment is set in Newcastle , promoted by the new multimillionaire owners of the 'Urracas' and with another central player from Nervion, Diego Carlos Santos , in the shopping cart.

As in the summer, from within Sevilla FC they transmit calm despite how alarming it would be to stay halfway through the course without the Brazilian central defender in the midst of fighting to make a splash in LaLiga and chasing the dream of the seventh Europa League after the disappointments in Champions and in the Copa del Rey. 

Not even three weeks ago Monchi , sports director of Eduardo Dato's entity, renewed the winner of the Olympic gold and the defender himself confirmed it days later . However, Newcastle's stunning arrival on the scene threatens to change everything . This past Tuesday, Sky Sports reported that the English team had reached an agreement with Diego Carlos to sign five seasons with a succulent record and that the footballer has already formally expressed to Sevilla FC his desire to leave in this transfer window of January and would have asked them to accept the second offer that the British have in mind to present this very week with the thought that it will be the definitive one.

The figures that had been handled until now and that spoke of Newcastle having put around 35 million euros on the table were not even taken into account by Sevilla FC. Now, the insistent information coming from the always bombastic British press assures that this second attempt will be closer to the demands in the Sánchez-Pizjuán: around 60 kilos, with a fixed price of 50 million euros and another 10 million more. based on a series of variable objectives .

That offer, of which they still have no record in Nervión, would be very close to the current termination clause of the center-back, which is around 75 million . However, Monchi has been working on the renewal of Diego Carlos for more than a year. Already last summer the agreement was taken for granted, with him and with Lucas Ocampos, who have very similar contracts, with a relationship until 2024. The idea of the pre-agreement announced by both consists of improving their salary, extending their stay until 2025 and raising their starting price (up to 80-85 million) .

The deficit of 41 million euros declared in the accounts approved at the Shareholders' Meeting last December, together with the effects of being eliminated in the Group Stage of the Champions League, suggests that Sevilla FC is obliged to perform in this 2022 one of those big sales you've been avoiding for two years . 

The problem is that he would not want to do it now in January and he is going to do everything possible to delay it until summer. Of course, in the next summer market it could also be left without Koundé.

The dust raised by the economic solvency of Newcastle and its alleged agreement with Diego Carlos have generated chain information about possible candidates to replace him . The Brazilian and his partner in the back line came from Ligue 1, Monchi's fetish fishing ground, and in France they are already preparing for the next operations of the red and white sports director. 

The president of Lille has closed the doors to an exit in January for Sven  Botman , who likes the San Fernando player very much, so the French press has focused on another center-back who has been on the Sevilla agenda for some time: Djiku, from Racing from Strasbourg .

:clap: @ Google Translate for throwing 'succulent record' and 'fetish fishing ground' into the mix. :lol:

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That’s the spiciest take on this forum haha. Jordan wouldn't be out of place on GB news. 

Would fit the BBC better imo due to his sliminess.  But I think he's out of place everywhere personally. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

We need defenders in, but its getting silly now. Not seen many rating this guy either..

Apart from actual Sevilla fans who know better than any journalist? 

I know there's FFP to consider, but it's going to take a while for people to get out of the owned-by-Mike-Ashley headspace, like. £41m plus add ons isn't a huge amount for a seemingly highly rated defender for a club with unlimited wealth, with plenty of room to move within FFP, who will have to pay over the odds because clubs don't want to lose their best players, they know we're desperate, and they know we have money. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Not sure why people concern themselves with price tags like, if we can afford to pay it and we're happy that it fits within our FFP budget then I don't really care what we pay. 

We'll be Everton mk2 in a few years if we hoy money about at the prices demanded by these European clubs in January.