More transfer rumours

midds

Let's call a spade a spade.... Wood is an incredibly average PL striker but as a club we were/are in a striker crisis. Having 1 good striker (who's injured and out of form) and 1 average striker is much better than having only 1 good striker (who's injured and out of form).

If someone can say, "we could have done this instead..." then I'm all ears but I think the club were right to act.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

What does this involve and why is 6 hours not enough?

It's a very simplistic question sorry but I don't know the timescales on this stuff.

The medical would need to be completed before we register them, I assume. So signing on condition, I don't think, would move the goalposts.

Just now, STM said:

Let's call a spade a spade.... Wood is an incredibly average PL striker but as a club we were/are in a striker crisis. Having 1 good striker (who's injured and out of form) and 1 average striker is much better than having only 1 good striker (who's injured and out of form).

If someone can say, "we could have done this instead..." then I'm all ears but I think the club were right to act.

I’ll give you one Wout Weghorst for nearly half the price granted we’d have been made to pay about 25 same for Wood but he’s double the player. One year younger and has far batter ability and goal scoring ability, played in champions league and Europa league, much more attractive option.

1 minute ago, ToonScotman said:

Come on sir give us a clue

I'm not ando, but if you want a vague post I can do those too :thup:

Several surprise names on the horizon for the summer window, watch this space. 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

May help Willock or Almiron as well

Joe Bruno

Willock or Miggy in front

ASM and Lingaard flanking

Wilson up front (Wood as an interim)

Less reliance on Willock in defence will hopefully take some pressure of his overall game, which should be focussed on attack. If we don't get Lingard we'll be depending on him.

Just now, Andy said:

I'm not ando, but if you want a vague post I can do those too :thup:

Several surprise names on the horizon for the summer window, watch this space. 

Not even going to lie I seen the name without paying attention and acted too quick lol however feel free.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Ironically Targett on loan is a better signing than Targett on a permanent. He's a great loan signing but would have been a fairly average long term left back.

Only if we stay up.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We paid far too much for Wood, his worth is probably more around the £15 million mark, but he's still useful at this level.

He's better than no striker, that's about it. But if we can get Lingard, I reckon Wood will look a bit better for it.

2 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Unless Wilson exceeds expectations in his recovery we're in trouble up top. I can't see Wood scoring a goal based on what I've seen so far. Rest of the team stronger so we might grind stuff out a bit. 

Fuck me, can't see him scoring a goal? Mad

10 minutes ago, Peder75 said:

Wood has done double figures the past 4 seasons for fucking Burnley. Should at least give him more then two games.

Currently 3 goals in 23 games. How many more are you predicting?

I reckon he'll get another 2 before Wilson gets back.

1 minute ago, Willow said:

Anton Ferdinand on SSN is so awkward, time to mute

And he’s the more ‘intelligent’ one of the two :lol: