More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

The more I’ve seen and read about Nunez the more unsure I’ve become about him. Don’t think we’d get him anyway. Also, for the money that is being talked about it’s a no for me really. 

For the money…who would you go for? 

Newcastle want to make Brentford's Christian Eriksen their 'flagship' summer signing and will compete with Tottenham, Everton and West Ham for the 30-year-old Denmark midfielder, while the Bees are keen to extend his contract in west London. (Northern Echo)

Both Arsenal and Newcastle are linked with Lyon midfielder Lucas Paqueta, 24. The Brazil international was previously linked with Paris St-Germain and has a price tag of around £58m. (Chronicle)

Newcastle are poised to sign 17-year-old Irish defender Alex Murphy from Galway United. (RTE)

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

The more I’ve seen and read about Nunez the more unsure I’ve become about him. Don’t think we’d get him anyway. Also, for the money that is being talked about it’s a no for me really. 

why? Just curious. Seems the most absurdly ruthless finisher I’ve seen in ages. 

9 hours ago, STM said:

If we sign either Paqueta or Eriksson, I will buzz my tits off.

Honestly can't see anyone beating us to Paqueta if we are seriously interested. Him and Bruno are practically joined at the hip.

If we're talking Lasse Eriksson, the Swedish goalkeeper who was backup to Thomas Ravelli in the 1994 World Cup, I'm affraid he's retired :(

66c632aa-0252-4b21-a144-8cca6239bd45?fit

7 hours ago, Manxst said:

For the money…who would you go for? 

Not sure really. Striker is probably the most difficult one. Maybe even go for a loan if there’s a quality striker available and then put the money elsewhere.

Having said that, I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got Nunez. Don’t think he’s within our reach. Maybe if no other clubs are ready to pay the massive fee. My gut feeling is that he might flop in a much better league. I know he has proven himself in the CL but it could also be a purple match at this level due to short term and crazy confidence. 

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

why? Just curious. Seems the most absurdly ruthless finisher I’ve seen in ages. 

Aye he does look like a great finisher mate. It's just that his technical ability and first touch hasn't really convinced me at all times. I've read from other people that he's a bit clumsy and iffy in general play. I haven't seen this that much lately though, so it could be confidence related. Like i said i obviosly wouldn't be unhappy if we somehow managed to attract him. But i'd still be concerned paying say 70m for him. For all we know his CL run might not be what he's able to deliver long term. I'm by no means sure that he'll flop, but it's a lot of money with some question marks. Could be my gut feeling too.

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Jonathan David would suit the mould we’re after. Exciting, young, potential to improve a lot under Howe and probably not quite at the level (yet) where the top four are looking to sign him.

Names not sexy enough... sounds welsh

53 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Given (a) the price tag with potential FFP limitations and (b) the fact some of the biggest teams in Europe want him, I think we can safely put the Nunez chat to bed. He won’t be coming here. 

I refuse to accept that until I see him wearing another shirt. Just hope he doesn't come to this league if it's not with us.

If Botman is around 40m to 60m and Paqueta is around 60m thats gonna be a massive chunk of our summer spending.

And its not including the RW or Striker we need.

Mandy is gonna have get working on those sponsorship deals i think.

45 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

We make them pay over the odds or take them out of the running with our clout.

Maybe not. If the player wants to go there they could offer less than us and its up to Lille to accept or not.

22 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

If Botman is around 40m to 60m and Paqueta is around 60m thats gonna be a massive chunk of our summer spending.

And its not including the RW or Striker we need.

Mandy is gonna have get working on those sponsorship deals i think.

Two excellent players for at least the next 4/5 years though...