More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I’m actually a bit surprised we haven’t add two or three top quality scouts to improve our network. 

I'm kind of expecting those type of new faces to come in once DOF is finally sorted. Hopefully Brighton and Newcastle can come to an agreement soon so he can get started ASAP on hiring scouts and setting up a team to do these deals in the summer.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

I'm kind of expecting those type of new faces to come in once DOF is finally sorted. Hopefully Brighton and Newcastle can come to an agreement soon so he can get started ASAP on hiring scouts and setting up a team to do these deals in the summer.

yeah, just seems to be mixed reports as to how much Ashworth will have to do with that player recruitment side. Seems he’ll have more to do with the academy side of things. Hope that’s it the case though, he seems to have done a good job in the recruitment side with Brighton.

Also, its about scouting networks.

It's alot about which scouts trust other scouts. I doubt there is much of the old school going to watch a player they fancy. It's more about collating data on hundreds of players and creating a portfolio which can be referred to.

Guest HTT II
20 minutes ago, STM said:

Also, its about scouting networks.

It's alot about which scouts trust other scouts. I doubt there is much of the old school going to watch a player they fancy. It's more about collating data on hundreds of players and creating a portfolio which can be referred to.

Something Rafa has and updates daily… he took it with him!

21 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

I like Isak too but isn't he more of a wide forward rather than an out-and-out striker? Sounds like Nunez is similar with his tendency to drift to the left. 

No, he's a striker. Likes to drop deep as well to pick the ball up, and is mobile enough to stretch the play. 

He's struggled with form and injuries this season, but last year he became the highest scoring Swedish player in a La Liga season, beating Ibrahimovic who then played for that Barcelona team. 

Would be an incredible story for me if we signed him, having seen him break through at AIK and said back when he was 16 that he's someone we should sign.

Grew up in the building next to where my grandparents lived as well. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

No, he's a striker. Likes to drop deep as well to pick the ball up, and is mobile enough to stretch the play. 

He's struggled with form and injuries this season, but last year he became the highest scoring Swedish player in a La Liga season, beating Ibrahimovic who then played for that Barcelona team. 

Would be an incredible story for me if we signed him, having seen him break through at AIK and said back when he was 16 that he's someone we should sign.

Grew up in the building next to where my grandparents lived as well. 

That's what worries me a little - is there a risk that he is a one-season wonder? Obviously he had a good record in the Dutch league but he's been about 1 in 3 in La Liga and about 1 in 3 for Sweden (including 2 against the Faroe Islands and 2 against Kosovo in his total of 9).

What College Dropout says is right obviously, we aren't getting Prime Shearer or Drogba & there's no guaranteed slam dunk, but I'd rather go with production over projection I think.

16 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Isn’t Casey a bullshit  source?

Pretty sure he's one of that "burnsey" weirdo's accounts including mouth on the tyne or something like that, I've had them blocked for ages and suggest everyone else does the same.

Anything they post is either completely fabricated or they just look at rumours from other bullshit merchants and report them as fact.