More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Everyone be happy with Toney ?

Yeah, definitely. Upgrade on Wood and Wilson.

Shame about Nunez if true but he’ll probably have his pick of superclubs in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Toney would be an excellent striker for the squad but I'd want us to aim higher for a starter.

Toney / Wilson starters, Wood / Ekitike back ups is something I could get on board with for next season. Going to be an odd transitional season but I think there's plenty of goals in those four.

Aye, to be fair, Toney has single handedly chipped in with a good few goals for brentford this season. My mate is a bees fan and he gushes over him, every time I have seen him he looks awkward to play against.

If chris is worth 25M, i sure wouldn´t mind splashing 30M on him!!!

12 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Like Toney, but have this odd hate where you sell someone for nothing and buy them for 30m back. Feels horrendous. 

How I feel about it. I'd love him back and I know we don't need to worry about money these days, but that is a fuck up that we let him leave in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

How I feel about it. I'd love him back and I know we don't need to worry about money these days, but that is a fuck up that we let him leave in the first place.

He left Ashley FC. He'd be joining Newcastle United.

Abraham is definitely a good striker that scores goals. I just wish he was a little bit better in general play tbh. Picky i know.

Edited by Ikon

19 minutes ago, LV said:

Not like Edwards to get a sly dig at Rafa in. 

Clocked that. Fucking prick that man. Hate Edwards but LOVE that he'd had to give credit to both Howe (following his favourite ever bloke) and Staveley in getting in Bruno when Edwards was at pains to discredit her throughout the takeover. Man's a cunt.

I'd fucking ban him from SJP, Ashley style tbh.

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Aye, lot of teams like him. Not seen him much myself but heard him talked about 

I just remember watching him and thinking wow, SAFC have some top talent even at under 8s (they’ve lost loads to NUFC and Boro mind) and 14 + up they have a few stand out kids. Watch out for a kid called Sonny!

I was lying in bed last night, thinking happy thoughts after our win on Sunday and going through players who we could sign... funny enough my mind kept on returning to Ivan Toney.

It's not because he's a good player but it's because I think he fits where we are at the moment, in terms of players we are able to attract and players who fit the current blueprint.

Ivan Toney has been excellent in both our games against Brentford this year (came off the bench and turned the tide somewhat in the away game). Hes an absolute beast of a striker. Strong, quick, smart, grafts his arse off. He would be like having a nice blend of Wilson and Wood.

Think the 40/45m mark would be about right for him and with that, too much for Brentford for turn down, as they could use that money to consolidate themselves in the PL.

As for his personality, I was listening to Mark Chapman (I think), who was saying that he's actually a really nice guy and his family are all sound. I think he's possibility more of a nugget, with regards to the daft things he's been saying, than a person with a bad attitude.

I agree that Abraham is the other obvious choice but Roma will drive a harder bargain than Brentford. I can see us having a passing interest in DCL but hopefully his injury record will see us look a different direction.

I'm all in on Toney. Would be a cracking signing.