More transfer rumours

midds

To add to my previous post about potential superstars and to sign some added quality you just have to look at the likes of teams such as Leipzig or even wolves. 

Signing players from the likes of Salzburg or Liga NOS the talent is there at a small fee compared to some players already at a huge price these players should be scouted and identified. Luis Diaz absolutely killing it at Liverpool is another example of these leagues having players more than capable of stepping up.

Also any player watching us should be chomping at the bit to sign for us and good riddance to the ones that rejected us in January. Would still love Botman as he clearly wanted to and still does want to come hopefully he doesn’t go to Milan though.

With the benefit of hindsight, Trippier, Targett, Burn and Bruno were all brilliant signings, at reasonable prices when you consider their respective potential ceilings.

Wood too has played his part, but is obviously extremely limited. 

The vibe at the club is so good right now and the images and noise form the home games is so great that I imagine a lot of potential signings are taking notice. This run Eddie has us on is going to have a big impact on potential signings.

Dubs

Trippier  Schar  Burn  Targett

Shelvey*

Bruno  Joelinton

Almiron       Willock*        ASM

New 15 goal/season forward

*Either or.

That is a top 8 team, right there. If we get the decision right on when to play Shelvey or Willock.

10 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Dubs

Shelvey*

Bruno  Joelinton

*Either or.

That is a top 8 team, right there. If we get the decision right on when to play Shelvey or Willock.

I think you’re probably right with a full season. That said it seems highly likely we’ll have a new right winger and an attacking midfielder starting with a new striker (or Wilson). I also think we’ll have another centre half starting or at least competing to start with Burn and Schar. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I think you’re probably right with a full season. That said it seems highly likely we’ll have a new right winger and an attacking midfielder starting with a new striker (or Wilson). I also think we’ll have another centre half starting or at least competing to start with Burn and Schar. 

Yeah. I'm not sure on CB back-up. I think Lascelles and Dummett could be relied upon, just not sure they're good enough. And neither put pressure on the first team. Don't think Burn needs any motivation, like. And Schar seems to perform better, knowing he's first choice.

I'm just thinking if the owners don't want to spend too much, this summer we might end up only signing a top forward. And I wouldn't be too disappointed. That said the 3 games after Norwich should give us a better idea of what we need. If we're to be a genuine top 8 team then we have to be able to at least compete with the top 6.

29 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Dubs

Shelvey*

Bruno  Joelinton

*Either or.

I would go as far as agreeing that it's team capable of achieving top 8, but I don't think it's a team that would be regularly operating within the top 8. It would obviously require some serious depth to support it, too.

I don't think we have a midfield three combination currently that can control games throughout the course of the season, and we need at least another dependable creative/wide player along with the quality forward you've suggested.

Hopefully we're looking for a striker, a winger, an attacking midfielder/no10 as well as a defensive midfielder, and a centre back. With an additional defensive as well as attacking central midfielder we'd have lots of combinations of players that could play dependant on the opposition.

Half a team full of quality players isn't much to ask for is it? :lol:

25 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

That said it seems highly likely we’ll have a new right winger and an attacking midfielder

RW I'm waiting to see what Almiron can do in the last 5 games. I love the lad and hope he can make that position his own. It'll probably take something beyond his reach to convince some on here, but I've got faith. AM is similar. would love to see WIllock make that position his own, but he could also be adapt to play on the left. Would love to sign Cannibaga to keep Bruno happy, so would be happy to see that.

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I would go as far as agreeing that it's team capable of achieving top 8, but I don't think it's a team that would be regularly operating within the top 8. It would obviously require some serious depth to support it, too.

I don't think we have a midfield three combination currently that can control games throughout the course of the season, and we need at least another dependable creative/wide player along with the quality forward you've suggested.

Hopefully we're looking for a striker, a winger, an attacking midfielder/no10 as well as a defensive midfielder, and a centre back. With an additional defensive as well as attacking central midfielder we'd have lots of combinations of players that could play dependant on the opposition.

Half a team full of quality players isn't much to ask for is it? :lol:

Oh aye. I'm just saying that in order to improve, incrementally, we could splash most of our budget on a first choice striker and be prudent with new backups, that would have the benefit of Howe's coaching before being called upon. Buying three star players to come straight in could upset the brilliant balance we have.

That said, we have a 100% success rate with transfers so I probably shouldn't worry.

Edited by Happinesstan