More transfer rumours

midds

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

More pacey as well isn’t he? We’re crying out for some pace through the middle and up front 

Yes, loads of pace, and another that can play as a support striker, attacking midfielder, left side and right side.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yes, loads of pace, and another that can play as a support striker, attacking midfielder, left side and right side.

I wouldn’t say he’s particularly pacy tbh; faster than Bruno and a very good ball carrier though.

Different types of player but imo he’s a more talented footballer than Bruno.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

;D

It's pretty cool when the club is linked with a player that has been class for you on FM.

Lodi, Paqueta and Abraham for me then 

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would avoid Carlos personally, younger and better options out there.

I really liked Carlos, but I agree his age makes him less attractive.

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

If we're humouring it... It would be a massive statement of intent, and boost to commercial income. Having Bruno and Paqueta here might help with him settling and buying in.

E-6-wEyWEAUkWi0.jpg

The trio of hand signs, they are obviously trying to tell us something.. run the baths lads 

28 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I wouldn’t say he’s particularly pacy tbh; faster than Bruno and a very good ball carrier though.

Different types of player but imo he’s a more talented footballer than Bruno.

Think his stocky build and his gait are deceptive, the guy is pacy IMO.

Agreed, he is really talented and versatile. At one point at Gent he played as an attacking mid behind two other strikers, and threaded assists through to them along with still scoring regularly.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  Originally, I thought we needed a 9 and a wide forward/winger type.  But if we are looking to get a keeper, CB CM and the rumours are about Lodi are true.  Then I think we might need to be looking at one player to cover both positions.   

I think signing just one forward player would be a huge mistake, three starting spots and we only have ASM and Wilson who are good enough as anything more than squad options for what we should be aiming for.

Somebody like David would be an excellent addition, can give us an option other than Wilson to play CF but could also go out wide when we want to start Wilson. We need another wide player though, I'd have much more faith in Longstaff, Willock or Shelvey starting lots of games in CM than Almiron or Fraser playing lots of games out wide.

Can Paqueta play out wide on the right? With Howe really looking like he wants very attack minded full backs I wouldn't be surprised if the players we bring in for the wide spots are more creative AM types than speedy wingers.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Darwin Nunez is the only one I really care about, no idea if we’re even in for him but we should be all over it. 

Probably setting yourself up for disappointment then, seems like some of the biggest clubs in Europe will be chasing his signature.

What are you aiming for next year? 

What are the club aiming for next year? 

To different things, to different type of players in those two. 

We are building for the Future that’s all we now. 

Big money, little money? 

I am happy with all the New faces coming in since they will build the foundation for what is coming. 

IT feel so good loving everything about the club again :indi:

8 minutes ago, Shak said:

I think signing just one forward player would be a huge mistake, three starting spots and we only have ASM and Wilson who are good enough as anything more than squad options for what we should be aiming for.

Somebody like David would be an excellent addition, can give us an option other than Wilson to play CF but could also go out wide when we want to start Wilson. We need another wide player though, I'd have much more faith in Longstaff, Willock or Shelvey starting lots of games in CM than Almiron or Fraser playing lots of games out wide.

Can Paqueta play out wide on the right? With Howe really looking like he wants very attack minded full backs I wouldn't be surprised if the players we bring in for the wide spots are more creative AM types than speedy wingers.

Paqueta can play "narrow right" - ie the right-sided forward sitting behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. He swtiches between that role and the "10" role (the middle player in that 3) for Lyon but thrives in the right-hand side role. As others have alluded to here, Howe may want to transition the side into this sort of model, given the interest in attacking fullbacks like Lodi. It's like a 4-2-2-1-1 with a hardworking dynamic support striker, two half-space attacking mids, two ball-laying pivot mids, and overlapping fullbacks.

It gives great flexibility to go 4-3-3 or a more traditional 4-4-2 where circumstances permit. The supporting striker signing would be key - must score goals, must work hard, play alongside Wilson, and yet be able to cover for Wilson in his inevitable injury period. Not a lot out there. Toney and Gouiri are great supporting strikers, but their numbers as a lone striker may not be all that.

Jonathan David seems a very promising young forward after a quick youtube browse. Got skills, good touch, solid link up play, decent pace, nice variety of goals scored and only 22 (born in NY in 2000, making me feel ancient)

David is similar to Wilson imo. He is best as a false 9 or coming from deep. Had a great spell as an AM in Belgium before he went to Lille. Not a big target man and not a wide forward either, maybe he could do a job out there but definitely predominantly played through the middle. He Isn't rapid but does have good acceleration. Is a very good positionally, great movement and is a pretty damn good finisher.  Nicknamed the ice man for his calm under pressure. I think Howe would drive up his work rate.

He dipped in form the second half of the season which should drive his fee down a little. Second dry spell he has had at Lille is a little worrying. I think that might have put off the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal (heavily linked) Manure (ten hag apparently wants him) and Inter who are also very heavily linked.

That Lille side is absolutely horrific though, in fact even in winning the league last year I haven't seen many league winners incapable of passing to each other (especially David) and being so enfuriating to watch. I think he would thrive at Arsenal or Liverpool and in a team that actually passes to him lol. I'd worry we would ruin him but he has a strong character and I'd be pretty excited if we got him. Would prefer Davies though haha.

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

David is similar to Wilson imo. He is best as a false 9 or coming from deep. Had a great spell as an AM in Belgium before he went to Lille. Not a big target man and not a wide forward either, maybe he could do a job out there but definitely predominantly played through the middle. He Isn't rapid but does have good acceleration. Is a very good positionally, great movement and is a pretty damn good finisher.  Nicknamed the ice man for his calm under pressure. I think Howe would drive up his work rate.

He dipped in form the second half of the season which should drive his fee down a little. Second dry spell he has had at Lille is a little worrying. I think that might have put off the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal (heavily linked) Manure (ten hag apparently wants him) and Inter who are also very heavily linked.

That Lille side is absolutely horrific though, in fact even in winning the league last year I haven't seen many league winners incapable of passing to each other (especially David) and being so enfuriating to watch. I think he would thrive at Arsenal or Liverpool and in a team that actually passes to him lol. I'd worry we would ruin him but he has a strong character and I'd be pretty excited if we got him. Would prefer Davies though haha.

Interestingly he has been playing as a second striker at Lille, in a narrow 4-4-2 tactic, which is the tactic Howe has mostly preferred as a manager. Good breakdown of how David functions in this setup in the video below.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Interestingly he has been playing as a second striker at Lille, in a narrow 4-4-2 tactic, which is the tactic Howe has mostly preferred as a manager. Good breakdown of how David functions in this setup in the video below.

At times I have thought he has been a bit lazy but I think he has been  told to stick up front. He definitely has the physical skills to track back and has done so for Canada. 

I'm not convinced we are in for him though. 

16 minutes ago, OCK said:

Imagine being an Arsenal fan and shitty wasteland Newcastle, a club in Scotland, keeps buying the players you were 100% certain you'd sign. :yao:

It’s similar to when City were starting out and started signing Clichy, Sagna & Adebayor.

44 minutes ago, toontownman said:

His Canada manager is a Geordie and/or NUFC fan I think

23 minutes ago, toontownman said:

At times I have thought he has been a bit lazy but I think he has been  told to stick up front. He definitely has the physical skills to track back and has done so for Canada. 

I'm not convinced we are in for him though. 

Yeah, be interesting to see if we do go for him.

Like @Keegans Exportjust mentioned his manager for Canada is from the North East and supports Newcastle and all, and so we should have a lot of info on him.

Edited by KaKa

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10857455/Man-United-Newcastle-join-race-sign-Spurs-Crystal-Palace-target-Malcolm-Ebiowei.html

Manchester United and Newcastle have joined Tottenham and Crystal Palace by showing interest in the exciting 18 year-old attacker.

Ebiowei's emergence was one of the bright spots of Derby's season which ended with relegation to League One following their brave fight to beat the drop after being hit with a 21-point deduction.

Following one of his eye-catching displays at Coventry, Rooney said: 'He has got enormous ability. 'He's brave, he's not afraid to take players on, get tackled, and make mistakes.

'I thought he was excellent all game. He was the best player on the pitch. It is one of the best performances I have seen from a young player consistently for 90 minutes in a long time and he deserves that because he's worked so hard. His attitude is incredible and he's an exciting young player.'