More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I see Villa are heavily linked with Diego Carlos. Would anyone want us to go back in for him? I'm still not convinced:

Would rather go back in for Botman. That being said, you can tell we're no longer in for Carlos, asking price has magically dropped 10m Euros.

Edited by sushimonster85

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Would rather go back in for Botman. That being said, you can tell we're no longer in for Carlos, asking price has magically dropped 10m Euros.

Wasn't it just that they were in the title race when we made an offer for him and now they need to sell to generate funds?

Just now, The Prophet said:

Wasn't it just that they were in the title race when we made an offer for him and now they need to sell to generate funds?

David and Botman and their fund raising should be sorted for another year.

It will be interesting to see if we go back in for him. You don't bid £35 million for a player if you don't seriously fancy them. 

If we did I'd fancy us to sign him simply because he has the same agent as Bruno.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Admirable ambition from Villa the past few years. Wonder if it's sustainable. 

Couple great signings, feels a bit like they’re going for it now before the doors close.

Next season could be massive in terms of premier league balance, Arsenal will fall back having the extra games. West Ham will get found out when they spend no money, these 6th 7th places are up for grabs.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Villa have him confirmed

Kind of pissed off that they seem to be chasing the same targets we are, and getting them ahead of us. They won the race for Digne as well.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So we were quoted £50m and they get him for £30m. :lol:

Showd what we're up against.

That was mid season tbf when Sevilla were still competing for CL places. There's nothing to stop us matching the fee if we want him. I'm guessing now we have Dan Burn we probably washed our hands of that one now.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Kind of pissed off that they seem to be chasing the same targets we are, and getting them ahead of us. They won the race for Digne as well.

Amanda said they basically pulled out of a signing after learning things about his character- widely reputed to be Digne 

I think all of our big money signings from now on really need to be under 26. We have got to bring the average age of the squad down. And as much as you can say 'it's not my money' it is simply not prudent at the stage we are at with FFP to spend lots on players whose value will only depreciate. You can really quickly put yourself into a corner.

The odd experienced squad player on short term deals is fine - but you shouldn't be dropping big money and wages on them.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I think all of our big money signings from now on really need to be under 26. We have got to bring the average age of the squad down. And as much as you can say 'it's not my money' it is simply not prudent at the stage we are at with FFP to spend lots on players who's value will only depreciate. You can really quickly put yourself into a corner.

The odd experienced squad player on short term deals is fine - but you shouldn't be dropping big money and wages on them.

Do you think Villa are playing a dangerous game making these sort of signings? It could be another Everton where they have a good season then it deteriorates quite quickly. I don't know how many of their squad are close to 30 having said that. I mean we paid £25m for Wood and he's pushing that, but I guess we were desperate at the time. I think Burn is 29 as well?