More transfer rumours

midds

10 hours ago, duo said:

Bruno putting the big sell onto Howe ha Clearly Paqueta would sign if we put an offer in.

I really want to get Paqueta in. Clearly him, Bruno and Joelinton would be pure ? in the middle. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting if the reports are correct that Ashworth has put the brakes on the Henderson deal. Doesn't hang about like does he?

But we were told he was going to have nothing to do with recruitment this summer? /s

Edited by Jack27

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Interesting if the reports are correct that Ashworth has put the brakes on the Henderson deal. Doesn't hang about like does he?

Makes more sense than "not prioritising a keeper" which was reported, imo. Be massively surprised if we go into another season with Dubs and Darlow as 1 & 2.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if it was just to much money and Ashworth could see better value elsewhere 

I feel that now the ITKs have seen their arses over the sponsorship and Targett, a space has opened up.

I was walking down Barrack Road earlier and a two footed tackle came crashing into the back of me. As I lay in a quivering heap, Sven Botman stood over me in full Newcastle gear. He leaned over and whispered "Eddie Howe's black and white army" into my ear. Soon.

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

But we were told he was going to have nothing to do with recruitment this summer? /s

No one said that!

He Doesn’t directly pick the players or decide which players to look at  (he has a team to report into him after speaking to the manager / board on what type of player they want (or a particular player)

they then look to compile as much information as they can on those types of players / or player

eg personality / strengths/weakness/ family / valuation / availability etc  

That’s not saying he can’t have an opinion on those days players once the reports are in 

Dan (rightly or wrongly) got all the praise at Brighton for player recruitment (as he is the top man) 

However a lot of the detailed work is done before he gets involved.

what is hard to understand ?

he will be involved more in this window (as this window is upon us imminently and very important) 

however in the long term he will be involved in multiple aspects of the club and let his team concentrate on recruitment (until the next window opens) 

Instead of sniping , just enjoy it 

he’s not a close friend or remotely close , however I have spoken with him (whilst he was at England and Brighton) and have a work colleague who knows him very very well.

Edited by JonBez comesock

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Waste of wages.

You just know Ashley was always thinking this :lol:

"but if we sign them on deadline day that's up to a few months of wages saved per signed player!"

Edited by hakka