More transfer rumours

midds

42 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Get the French lad signed, a proper DCM, a RW and a top striker and we are laughing. 

Realistically if you take out the top striker I think this is about where we will be come the end of the window. 3 more - RW, ST and CM/CDM in order of importance. 

4 hours ago, The Bonk said:

I'm mainly reference his international play, don't watch Lille outside of CL games. Could be the quality of player around him for Canada. 

Every time I see David links I think of NO's fellow Canadian contingent

Edited by woody

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Hope not. Just like Tarkowski. Want too much wages relatively to their average ability. £200kpw for a tiny purple patch at West Ham over a 12 year career? No thanks. 

That's why I said "if it becomes clear nobody is going to pay him what he wants then we'll make contact again"

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Nine said:

Realistically if you take out the top striker I think this is about where we will be come the end of the window. 3 more - RW, ST and CM/CDM in order of importance. 

I think we can maybe get away with not signing a top striker if we can sign two wide forwards, like that French lad and someone else. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Hope not. Just like Tarkowski. Want too much wages relatively to their average ability. £200kpw for a tiny purple patch at West Ham over a 12 year career? No thanks. 

200k is ridiculous for him but no doubt its what his agent will be after as there will be no transfer fee involved, not a player worth smashing our wage structure over. 100k tops.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

That's why I said "if it becomes clear nobody is going to pay him what he wants then we'll make contact again"

And like I say…one purple patch in his career. I don’t want him full stop, irrelevant of what wages he wants.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think we can maybe get away with not signing a top striker if we can sign two wide forwards, like that French lad and someone else. 

I think an elite striker will just be a step to far this window, an Ekitike whos main position is as a central striker but can also play on the left and a RW will do I think. 

On 08/06/2022 at 11:39, The Prophet said:

I feel that now the ITKs have seen their arses over the sponsorship and Targett, a space has opened up.

I was walking down Barrack Road earlier and a two footed tackle came crashing into the back of me. As I lay in a quivering heap, Sven Botman stood over me in full Newcastle gear. He leaned over and whispered "Eddie Howe's black and white army" into my ear. Soon.

Like I said.

Now that we've closed the Botman deal, there's one thing and one thing only the club has to do. Go get Raphinha. If we get Raphinha I could even live with having Wood as 2nd striker until January and Shelvey, Willock, Bruno, Longstaff and Joe as central midfielders. 

8 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

If only life was this simple.

We won a lot of key games by the odd goal. Everyone kept it at 100% once we were safe. Conceded a lot of possession. Lose a bit of confidence and atmosphere and points get dropped.

Those lads played at 100% for that second period. Everyone brought their A game.

That won't happen again without added quality.

Perhaps. But I’ll take the reality of actual previous achievement over theorising every time.