More transfer rumours

midds

25 minutes ago, LV said:

Any info on new signings now? 

Nope - I'm certainly not an ITK, just sometimes end up talking with people who can be useful hence the Kenyon takeover stuff and the odd other bits, here and there.

Only ever once in a blue moon.

6 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I think in general there's not that many options in these gaps. 

How many players are in between Diaby and Odoi considering price/quality? Odoi is probably a 30M player? Diaby 50-60M, How many right wingers are rated between 30-50M? 

I guess you are right. Danjuma and some in the dutch league. Gouiri if you can call him a wide.

59 minutes ago, JP said:

Current crop of Bruno, Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Shelvey is pretty strong but Howe consistently speaks about needing two for every position so wouldn't surprise me to see another come in - possibly the young type with potential signing.

No it's not.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I would take RLC now to be fair. £25m seems fair.

Same. He'd be a good fit in our midfield imho.

The fee back in the day was circa £18m, all in, after add ons etc etc.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Think that's definitely pushing it like.

I think I am just being fair, but (like I say) I wouldn't object to it becoming even stronger.

However, like most of us, I think that 'up front' is now our absolute priority!

Just now, manorpark said:

I think I am just being fair, but (like I say) I wouldn't object to it becoming even stronger.

However, like most of us, I think that 'up front' is now our absolute priority!

Wilock and Longstaff are bordering on shite at times tbh, I like Shelvey since Howe came in but gonna be a big season for him to see if he can step up again. Bruno aye speaks for himself and Joe was brilliant last year but is limited type if player in what he can do on the ball. So aye basically one injury to Bruno away from being crap?

15 minutes ago, manorpark said:

You are right, our midfield is not pretty strong. it is very strong !!!

I wouldn't object, though, to it perhaps becoming even stronger.

Strong on numbers. The two weakest positions in our starting XI (presuming we stick predominantly 433 this season) are the two right  sided positions in the 3s.

Our team next season if all goes well this summer

First choice, second choice

GK - Pope, Dubravka

RB - Trippier, Krafth, Manq

CB - Schar, Lascelles

CB - Botman, Burn

LB - Targett, Lewis, Dummett

CM - Bruno, Shelvey

CM - Joelinton, Longstaff, Sucic

AM - Pacqueta, Willock

RW - Diaby, Fraser, Anderson

LW - ASM, Almiron

ST - Wilson, Wood, Zirkzee/Broja

I actually think it's quite realistic - I do think there will be a big CM signing towards the end of the window, a Pacqueta or Haidara, depending on where they plan to play Bruno.

The good thing is that a lot of the attackers are interchangable, Joelinton can play LW, Almiron AM, Diaby/ASM can switch, etc. 

For me, this is a top 7-8 side, better than West Ham, Villa and Leicester on paper. 

Just now, kingxlnc said:

GK - Pope, Dubravka

CB - Schar, Lascelles

CB - Botman, Burn

CM - Bruno, Shelvey

AM - Pacqueta, Willock

LW - ASM, Almiron

I actually think it's quite realistic - I do think there will be a big CM signing towards the end of the window, a Pacqueta or Haidara, depending on where they plan to play Bruno.

The good thing is that a lot of the attackers are interchangable, Joelinton can play LW, Almiron AM, Diaby/ASM can switch, etc. 

For me, this is a top 7-8 side, better than West Ham, Villa and Leicester on paper. 

If we sign those players we'll finish top 4 or 5 for me like.

6 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Dunno why, but I think I’d prefer Sarr to Diaby.

You’d definitely get more value for money with the former but spending 50m plus for a highly rated, shiny new foreign player- a virgin to these shores-would be sexier imo. Not to mention it being a bigger statement of intent if nothing else.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, Shearergol said:

:lol: again.

I pray you're not too disappointed next season.

Like the man said on paper that is looking better than some of the top half teams, Howe had us competing when our team on paper was shite. I'm massively confident and if the price is right will be putting my money where my mouth is If we make a few more signings. I admit Spurs are looking strong spending some money.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

If we sign those players we'll finish top 4 or 5 for me like.

Looking at it logically, Man City, Liverpool are top 2. 

I think Spurs under Conte are going to challenge, he is formidable. 

Chelsea I'm unsure about under new owners but I rate Tuchel highly plus a strong base set of players. 

Man U will have a better season, plus Sancho and VDB are like new signings

Top 6 could be doable, Arsenal are an unknown entity as of yet, they still seem too soft. So could definitely challenge for top 6 for sure. 

5 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

GK - Pope, Dubravka

CB - Schar, Lascelles

CB - Botman, Burn

CM - Bruno, Shelvey

AM - Pacqueta, Willock

LW - ASM, Almiron

I would 100% agree, how many current squad players will go if that happens ?

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Chelsea I'm unsure about under new owners but I rate Tuchel highly plus a strong base set of players. 

Top 6 could be doable, Arsenal are an unknown entity as of yet, they still seem too soft. So could definitely challenge for top 6 for sure. 

City and Liverpool are the only teams I'd really be worried about playing. Got a feeling Chelsea will have a bad year, Arsenal are nothing special and Man United are crap. Contes a tantrum away from walking away if things don't go to plan but tbh think they'll have a good season. West Ham, Leciester and Wolves I think we'd finish above them now with out any new signings.

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I'm not one for fully reading threads and posts but, to avoid the accusations of unrealistic expectations from us Mags by others, I'm going to start using the phrase ".......could challenge for 6th".

Everyone knows the top 4, barring miracles, is stitched. Agree with your assessment of Man U and Arsenal. I'd be over the moon with 6th.

Hell of a lot of teams are going to improve, IF, and it's a big IF, all their signings graft.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'm not one for fully reading threads and posts but, to avoid the accusations of unrealistic expectations from us Mags by others, I'm going to start using the phrase ".......could challenge for 6th".

Everyone knows the top 4, barring miracles, is stitched. Agree with your assessment of Man U and Arsenal. I'd be over the moon with 6th.

Hell of a lot of teams are going to improve, IF, and it's a big IF, all their signings graft.

Only one team has Eddie Howe though wouldn't swap him for anyone else in the league.