More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Yeah. Seen him play a few times and, while he looks direct and exciting, there’s nothing to suggest he’s a 50m pound player. Very raw. I don’t think there’s that much between him and Sarr currently; remember Sarr was being talked about in the same way Diaby is now, before his move to Watford. Would say though Diaby has the higher ceiling, in theory.

What is a £50m player these days? We were getting quoted £40m for a 29 yr old defender in January, getting international forwards with end product isn't going to be cheap, especially if they are still relatively young. I suppose it depends on what is available as a less expensive alternative with similar attributes. Sarr ha been mentioned and I wouldn't be against that.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I consider him actually saying that we want Diaby as a victory over his contrarianism tbh. 

Anyone else noticed how readily he's changed his tune about the owners btw? Staveley in particular.

He wasn't far off mocking her before the takeover and now he's absolutely desperate to shoe horn a compliment over the new ownership in every article.

Fucking two faced cretin.

Hope Reuben calls in a tory favour and get's him banged off to cover St Mirren for the rest of his career tbh.

If we open talks or bid for Diaby, the first we'll here of it is from either Leverkusen leaking it to the German press or his agent leaking it to the French press. Ashworth clearly keeps a tight ship when it comes to leaks.

9 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Sorry to bring it to your attention but Mandy is a massive tory too.

Nearly all rich people are. The rich will always rich. My probs with young Jamie is his hanging around the foodbank for props. 

14 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Nearly all rich people are. The rich will always rich. My probs with young Jamie is his hanging around the foodbank for props. 

Nearly all unless you include the entire entertainment industry which is almost exclusively on the left, but obviously they're all very working class and on the bread line..

I mean, both Reuben and Staveley have got into a business arrangement with one of the the repressive regimes in the world intent on using the club to improve their image in the face of gross human rights violations. 

Doesnt scream having the moral compass to shun the Conservative Party for the greater good does it?

Guest HTT II

Does it say anything about me that I’m happier they are friends with SA the most rather than the Tories?

1 minute ago, Teasy said:

Nearly all unless you include the entire entertainment industry which is almost exclusively on the left, but obviously they're all very working class and on the bread line..

Countering a sweeping generalisation with another sweeping generalisation doesn't a point make. 

True many in the entertainment industry are classed as being "on the left" but, in reality, are plain liberals who'll protect their wealth when push comes to shove. 

Liberals always side with the establishment in the end. 

For every Liniker I'll give you a Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber

Mind not all footballers are like England's Mickey Owen either

6 minutes ago, Teasy said:

The people you're talking about here are generally liberals. Nothing to do with the left.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Does it say anything about me that I’m happier they are friends with SA the most rather than the Tories?

Yeh, it does tbh.

Edited by Thumbheed

Guest HTT II
Just now, Thumbheed said:

Yeh, it does tbh.

That we are, in all reality, all cunts?

Just now, HTT II said:

That we are, in all reality, all cunts?

No, I’m not as big a cunt as Tories or the Saudi Arabian royal family. What you mean is that everybody sometimes compromises their own moral and values system. In itself it’s a glib and not always true thing to say, but even then it’s not the same as being actively oppressive. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Bondedcrown said:

FML you lot are like kids man attention span of a fuckin goldfish!

Don’t paint us all as the same marra!

Crossing politics over with football is fucking aids, you can live life without intertwining one with the other. Sport should be an escape from wasting energy over things things that you have no personal control over, not the opposite.

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Crossing political over with football is fucking aids, you can live life without intertwining one with the other. Sport should be an escape from wasting energy over things things that you have no personal control over.

Exactly!