More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Oh wonderful, politics again 

It’s fuckin dull as shit. 

anyway back on topic. hope I’m wrong but just think Diaby will be too expensive with us. Sarr would be very underwhelming after being liked to Diaby 

Just now, gdm said:

It’s fuckin dull as shit. 

anyway back on topic. hope I’m wrong but just think Diaby will be too expensive with us. Sarr would be very underwhelming after being liked to Diaby 

Agreed but I'm confident howe could make it work..

Dont care who anybody votes for if they're good people, so what if someone prefers cola to pepsi.  The other side, the other party isnt scum and the moral high ground doesn't belong to you because of the way you vote. Its a preference not a case of right or wrong.

Its political bigotry and grandstanding really, being predisposed to disliking or demonising someone because they vote differently to us.

The whole thing is mostly bullshit theatre anyway scenery for the public. Apolitical people have it cracked for me.

Anyway, re Diaby and anybody else, whatever their percieved flaws, I'm just so impressed with what Howe and co have done that its not like we'd be getting a finished article anymore and the player can be improved on and that the capacity to improve is something we'll likely be factoring into our scouting now.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I think we've offered for players and they've been turned down and we are just waiting to see what happens.  Similar with Botman, bid, be patient then find a common ground when they think our interest is waning at the unreasonable price proposed and agree a fair price at a later date..

Guest HTT II
Just now, Gaztoon said:

Everyone happy about how the bench will look as it stands ?

More impact needed ?

I’ll judge things after the transfer window has closed!

We are still very much at the early stage of rebuilding and as such suspensions or injuries in a few areas have us relying on sub-par players but I think that is the same for alot of sides in the league. We dont currently have the luxury of 100's of millions sitting on the bench waiting to change the game, improving the first 11 is the priority, just so much work to do due to how little we have improved the side over the years at all levels. 

Edited by nufcjmc

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Just wait until we lose a pre season game.

Think I'd rather lose a pre season game than talk about tories and Saudis on a thread about incoming transfers? Can't we fuck up one of the other threads?

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Diaby would be an incredible signing - but I'll believe it when I see it; I think the lad will end up at a club already at the top.

To even be in the conversation though - fucking hell.

Or in Paris as he’s said he wants to be

4 hours ago, McCormick said:

Yeah. Seen him play a few times and, while he looks direct and exciting, there’s nothing to suggest he’s a 50m pound player. Very raw. I don’t think there’s that much between him and Sarr currently; remember Sarr was being talked about in the same way Diaby is now, before his move to Watford. Would say though Diaby has the higher ceiling, in theory.

You mean he’s quick, hard to stop and can be exciting on his day but sometimes runs into dead ends and doesn’t think - we need somebody like that.

Bayer Leverkusen will be in no rush and will likely sit on whatever pricetag they think they can get for Diaby. There will be lots of clubs interested. Just depends who is willing to spend more than we will. I'm imagining not many if any. That's what we will hope for at least. 

Seems a bit like Botman, he must be interested but it's likely not his first choice move if someone like PSG make a move, as rumored.