More transfer rumours

midds

13 minutes ago, jack j said:

Plenty saying this helps close the shop for the top current teams and makes it harder for us

Depends on the amount of and level of sponsorship deals coming in. We basically are starting with a new book on this. 

3 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I bet that Tarik Panja (Liverpool fan) and Alastair McGowan (Manchester United) love this

Panja doesn't seem to happy looking at that tweet. He specifically mentions his cynacism that fair market sponsorship deals will be seen (it's anti-competitive anyway but that's another argument). Maybe a certain club entering the arena with massive sponsorship opportunities on the horizon may add to the cynicism.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Said it for years, and it's what pissed me off so much about Pardew - never reveal your hand. Pards would be inviting offers post-match for our best players ffs.

Exactly. Hardly gonna say “aye we’ve got £500m to spend” are we :lol:

9 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Don't know why the media try to guess transfer budgets tbh. Remember when it was suggested we wouldn't be looking to spend much in January?

He said we would only spend 50 million tops in January. I know one thing for certain, is that he will have fuck all contacts with the owners. 

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We are already spending 15M on Targett, so we will only spend 35M improving on what we already have? :lol: I somehow doubt that.

And supposedly still want Botman which will be around 30 million 😂

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He said we would only spend 50 million tops in January. I know one thing for certain, is that he will have fuck all contacts with the owners. 

Yeah we are supposed to believe they have thought let’s tell Luke Edwards what out transfer budget for the summer is.

To be fair to Luke Edwards, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he has sources at the club giving him those vibes. It's far better for bargaining if the press are reporting that you're not look to over-spend in the Summer, rather than having a bunch of 'NEWCASTLE TO HAVE UNLIMITED TRANSFER BUDGET' type stories. 

The truth will likely be somewhere in between, as it was in Jan. They will have a list of targets, enter into negotiations and see if they can get a price they're happy with. 

He's now whinging about people not reading the article and calling him names.

There's no need to be confrontational. The fact is that we might not even be considering Striker A right now and he might not even be for sale. However July comes around and he decides he wants out. His club won't stand in the way and he's available for £40m. He'll drastically improve our team and would be a good fit. Does Edwards seriously think we'd stick to a firm budget?

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

To be fair to Luke Edwards, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he has sources at the club giving him those vibes. It's far better for bargaining if the press are reporting that you're not look to over-spend in the Summer, rather than having a bunch of 'NEWCASTLE TO HAVE UNLIMITED TRANSFER BUDGET' type stories. 

The truth will likely be somewhere in between, as it was in Jan. They will have a list of targets, enter into negotiations and see if they can get a price they're happy with. 

Stop right there.

Bloke's a cunt and need's reminding of that every time he communicates tbh.

33 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Not a hope in hell he will get any info from the Owners after the way he has went on with them. The bloke got it totally wrong in January and is a grade 1 bullshit merchant.

Edited by et tu brute

15 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Shows how badly we were ran when the likes of Leeds and Southampton are above us. Leeds were out of the PL for fucking years.

Unbelievable that fucking Southampton had a higher income than us.

It will probably be closer to 100 million 

Point 1

You don’t openly tell people your (correct) budget 

Point 2

He was way off in January 

Point 3

Amanda Staveley in a recent interview has said PIF want to accelerate the project and want top players now 

Point 4

Most teams will strengthen/ spend close to 40/50 million so if we want to push up the league further we will need to spend more than them (and more wisely) 

Point 5

We haven’t any idea on new sponsorships or on who we will be selling (to add to the transfer pot)

Point 6

We need to secure safety first 

If we were just going to get top level players, for goalkeeper position would look no further than Edouard Mendy, you never know, they might be in a position where their top players want out as soon as the window opens?

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

He's now whinging about people not reading the article and calling him names.

There's no need to be confrontational. The fact is that we might not even be considering Striker A right now and he might not even be for sale. However July comes around and he decides he wants out. His club won't stand in the way and he's available for £40m. He'll drastically improve our team and would be a good fit. Does Edwards seriously think we'd stick to a firm budget?