More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Agreed, but I’m of the opinion you can’t just give up on talent, it’s mainly down to the players themselves though and Dele Ali’s drop has been huge and I can’t see him getting back to his best!

Its an attitude problem he disappeared up his own arse awhile back 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Shocked at the amount of people wanting Man Utd rejects or out of form players, i understood taking a risk in January on them but I wouldn’t go near them now.

I’d have Lingard still, and Rashford and Martial.

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’d avoid all 3 now especially Martial and Rashford 

If we signed Rashford, he’d be our best player along with Bruno under Howe. Again, he’s been playing with injuries for over a year now, is being played in the wrong positions mostly, in an underperforming team, he’s young and the expectations on him have been huge so that will weigh on him and players are actually allowed to have an off season, it happens to the best of them. Martial would be the one I’d least want us to sign of the trio!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

If we signed Rashford, he’d be our best player along with Bruno under Howe. Again, he’s been playing with injuries for over a year now, is being played in the wrong positions mostly, in an underperforming team, he’s young and the expectations on him have been huge so that will weigh on him and players are actually allowed to have an off season, it happens to the best of them. Martial would be the one I’d least want us to sign of the trio!

I think contrary to popular belief lingard is the one to stay away from in them 3 - he’s probably had 10-15 good games in his career and he’s 29 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Shocked at the amount of people wanting Man Utd rejects or out of form players, i understood taking a risk in January on them but I wouldn’t go near them now.

We have bagged ourselves a top manager that gets the best out of players with far less ability than the ones we are talking about here. And we should be looking to take full advantage of the kind of manager we have now.

The likes of Rashford and Martial are elite level talents that are still young enough to turn things around. Howe has shown me enough with the phenomenal work he has done with some of our lot. 

We now have a great positive atmosphere at the club that is centred around professionalism and self improvement and where there is full buy in from all of the players. It would be a great environment to bring players into that have lost their way a bit, but who clearly have the ability.

Just now, tgarve said:

I think contrary to popular belief lingard is the one to stay away from in them 3 - he’s probably had 10-15 good games in his career and he’s 29 

Yeah, Lingard is the one I'd pass on due to his age. Rashford and Martial are elite level talents and are just 24 and 26 years old respectively, with a ton of Premier League experience, European competition experience and international experience.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We have bagged ourselves a top manager that gets the best out of players with far less ability than the ones we are talking about here. And we should be looking to take full advantage of the kind of manager we have now.

The likes of Rashford and Martial are elite level talents that are still young enough to turn things around. Howe has shown me enough with the phenomenal work he has done with some of our lot. 

We now have a great positive atmosphere at the club that is centred around professionalism and self improvement and where there is full buy in from all of the players. It would be a great environment to bring players into that have lost their way a bit, but who clearly have the ability.

Martial isn’t currently nor has he really shown he is an elite level talent, what he and Rashford have shown is an awful attitude and we would be better off looking elsewhere imo.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Martial isn’t currently nor has he really shown he is an elite level talent, what he and Rashford have shown is an awful attitude and we would be better off looking elsewhere imo.

Wew ... I'd have to disagree man. They are both top tier talents, ability wise, but in my opinion Man Utd have done a poor job with them both. I mean Martial was bought for £54 million back in 2015, and there was competition from a lot of top clubs for him at the time.

Regarding their attitudes, from what I have seen that has mostly come about from their frustration in being in and out of the team, and continuously being swapped between playing up front and out wide. It's not been great for either of their development.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

How has Rashfords attitude been awful? Genuine question don't remember him having a poor attitude just massively out of form

Just from all the stories coming out this season from the press and from knowing a few of their fans.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Wew ... I'd have to disagree man. They are both top tier talents, ability wise, but in my opinion Man Utd have done a poor job with them both. I mean Martial was bought for £54 million back in 2015, and there was competition from a lot of top clubs for him at the time.

Regarding their attitudes, from what I have seen that has mostly come about from their frustration in being in and out of the team, and continuously being swapped between playing up front and out wide. It's not been great for either of their development.

So would you be willing to pay the massive price tags (Rashford I assume would be upwards of 50 million) based on their form over the last year or so ?

Just now, NUFCPAUL said:

Why not, if Arsenal dont get top 4 they will be in no better position than us? We have the money too.

I love your ambition, but they'd cost about 100m each... maybe in a few years.

don't think we'll spend 50m+ on a single player, we need to go for quantity over quality at this point. incremental improvements.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

So would you be willing to pay the massive price tags (Rashford I assume would be upwards of 50 million) based on their form over the last year or so ?

Great question, and this is ultimately the crux of the matter.

I think with how things have gone for them at Man Utd, particularly with Martial, there could be a chance we could get them for a bit of a steal, if Man Utd decide to blow it all up and go for a full rebuild. If that's the case, we should be monitoring their situations. I'd not bid more than £30 million for Martial and no more than £40 million for Rashford.

Think their contracts are both up in 2024 and so they're going to have to make a call on them both this summer or risk having to let them go for much less next year as they will be going into their final years.

1 minute ago, NUFCPAUL said:

Why not, if Arsenal dont get top 4 they will be in no better position than us? We have the money too.

They’ll still be in Europe. Arsenal is their home club. They’ve both got years left on their contracts. Theyre both England internationals and young up and coming players and will be absolutely mega money to buy. The cost would decimate our entire summer spend, I’d imagine. They both play well and seemingly trust in Arteta. Why would they leave? 

Just now, KaKa said:

I think with how things have gone for them at Man Utd, particularly with Martial, there could be a chance we could get them for a bit of a steal, if Man Utd decide to blow it all up and go for a full rebuild. If that's the case, we should be monitoring their situations. I'd not bid more than £30 million for Martial and no more than £40 million for Rashford.

Think their contracts are both up in 2024 and so they're going to have to make a call on them both this summer or risk having to let them go for much less next year as they will be going into their final years.

Must say it’s a nice conversation to be having, enjoy talking about these possibilities than the ones we would have been talking about without a takeover and with Bruce.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Like I’ve said, let’s test the waters.

5 minutes ago, NUFCPAUL said:

Even we can't afford those two, and they love Arsenal and are leading the re-emergence of their club together at such a young age. Complete no go in any capacity.